|Published||January 12, 2023|
|Location||Lehi, United States of America|
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 125+ million family trees, and 22+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
What you will do:
Ancestry is looking for an exceptional, passionate, and highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer, Intern to join our Data Science team this summer. The MLE team is focusing on enabling data driven ML/AI solutions to unlock product features and enhance user experience. As a Machine Learning Engineer Intern on the Data Science team, you will practice your data science and software engineering skills to design, build, and test ML AI platform.
- Work on new and existing features to aid new machine learning models
- Work on the deployment of data science models in a production pipeline
- Create tooling and automation to enable data flow and model performance monitoring
- Write new data pipeline jobs to retrieve, process and validate training data
- Develop new product features
- Develop new data pipelines to generate and validate training data feature sets
- Learn various phases involved in development of a project from prototyping to production
- Help create infrastructure using our Infrastructure as Code (IAC) framework
- Create tests to measure performance and monitor behavior of ML pipelines
Who you are:
- Must be enrolled in a College or University in the US and graduating after Summer of 2023
- Must have a strong foundation in Java 8/11 and Python
- Familiarity with Linux Shell (Bash, csh etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with machine learning technologies (scikit-learn, tensorflow, pytorch)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity and go getter attitude
Internship Program Details:
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. educational institution with a graduation date after August 2023.
- Summer 2023 program dates are May 15 – September 8 (Please note that we will have three intern onboarding dates to choose from: May 15th, June 5th and June 20th. Students may offboard every Friday, beginning August 11th. All internships must be wrapped up by September 8th.)
- FULLY PAID temporary housing and travel to and from internship
- All summer internships will be in Lehi, Utah. You will work a combined hybrid and office-based schedule that allows you to choose which days you come into the office and which days you work from temporary housing/home (Utah students).
- Interns have the opportunity to network and partner with other interns and industry-leading professionals
- You will participate in engaging events including executive speaker sessions, professional development, and our annual Intern Days to showcase your project and work.
- Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) required; Monday-Friday
- Company-issued laptop and equipment provided for the duration of the internship program
- Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving a great compensation package, temporary housing, and having a fun captivating experience—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.