|Published||February 16, 2023|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new.
From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
Data science and Machine Learning are at the heart of decision making in Sky and drive a significant number of decisions across various domains. We are looking to expand our network-oriented Machine Learning applications further by developing and deploying tailored AIOps solutions to support our operations team.
What you'll do
- Engage with key partners to understand business objectives and support these objectives through the best use of advanced analytics approaches!
- Contributing to identifying the best analytical techniques, developing the solution, and crafting a framework for testing the solution
- Engage with other data scientists, software engineers, data engineers and network engineers to build compliant, efficient, and scalable solutions
- Deploy and maintain the adopted end-to-end solutions.
What you'll bring
- Strong academic background - Bachelors / Master's Degree
- Ability to quickly understand a business objective, research the appropriate analytical solution and apply it into production to address the given objective
- 3+years industry experience developing and deploying Python-based analytics applications
- Experience using SQL for data extraction, feature development etc.
- Knowledge or experience of working with data manipulation tools (e.g., Numpy, Pandas etc.) and ML frameworks (e.g., scikit-learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras etc.)
- Software engineering experience, can deliver code in well-tested CI/CD pipelines
- Proven commercial experience in creating, deploying, testing and maintaining machine learning pipelines!
- Expertise in Correlation Analysis, Classification / Clustering, Anomaly Detection and Unsupervised Learning using either traditional or deep learning online/offline ML approaches
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and products like Google BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Cloud ML or similar solutions
Familiarity with Agile methodologies
PhD at a relevant field
Group Communications & Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside experts in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that designs, builds, supports, and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice, and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Brick Lane is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes, and shops. The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
Bike shelters and showers await those who prefer two-wheeled transport.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.