|Published||January 1, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, United States of America|
Every great story has a new beginning.
We’re excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We’re home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia’s premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery’s leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
About WBD Streaming
Warner Bros. Discovery’s DTC organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery’s continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
We are hiring Senior Machine Learning Engineers to join the ML Platform team. As part of a rapidly growing team, you will own complex systems that will provide a personalized and unique experience for millions of users across over 200 countries for all the Discovery brands. You will be responsible for building a scalable Machine Learning platform that will be used to train, evaluate, deploy, serve and monitor ML models and to manage data. You will design complex resilient ML systems that will operate at the scale of millions of users.
You will lead by example and define the best practices, will set high standards for the entire team and for the rest of the organization. You have a successful track record for ambitious projects across cross-functional teams. You are passionate and results-oriented. You strive for technical excellence and are very hands-on. Your co-workers love working with you. You have built respect in your career through concrete accomplishments.
- 10+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, testing, maintaining, monitoring and owning scalable, resilient and distributed machine learning systems and platforms.
- Proficiency in operating machine learning solutions at scale, covering the end-to-end ML workflow.
- Expertise with tools and platforms commonly used for end-to-end machine learning (Kubeflow, TFX, Airflow, MLflow, ...).
- Knowledge of Feature Stores (e.g. Feast, Tecton).
- Familiarity with real-world ML systems (configuration, data collection, data verification, feature extraction, resource and process management, analytics, training, serving, validation, experimentation, monitoring).
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data processing techniques.
- Obsession for service observability, instrumentation, monitoring and alerting.
- Strong knowledge of AWS or similar cloud platforms.
- Expertise with CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Jenkins or similar) to automate building, testing and deployment of the ML platform and to manage the infrastructure (Pulumi, Terraform or CloudFormation).
- Basic understanding of ML techniques and algorithms (supervised vs. unsupervised learning, deep learning, ...).
- Familiarity with recommendation and search to personalize the experience for millions of users across million items.
- Masters in Computer Science or related discipline.
If you are motivated to succeed, self-driven and excited by the idea that your work will define Warner Bros. Discovery’s success and the daily viewing experience for millions of users, please connect with us, we would love to chat with you!