|Published||March 6, 2023|
|Location||San Diego, United States of America|
ResMed has always applied the best of technology to improve people's lives. Now our SaaS technology is fueling a new era in the healthcare industry, with dynamic systems that change the way people receive care in settings outside of the hospital–and tools that work every day to help people stay well, longer. We have one of the largest actionable datasets in the industry, creating a complete view of people as they move between care settings. This is how we empower providers–with vital insight to deliver the care people need, right when they need it.
We're also ensuring that our health solutions connect to other companies' networks. Because when objectives align, everyone wins. And as we work today to drive better care and lower costs, we're developing more personalized solutions for tomorrow, utilizing machine learning, intelligent care paths, and predictive protocols. If you are an innovator who wants to make an impact we want to talk to you! We have exciting opportunities supporting Brightree by ResMed and MatrixCare by ResMed!
As an intern at ResMed, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 12-week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by working with one of our SaaS R&D teams
- Interact directly with our company leaders
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the medical technology industry
- Will work with Python, AWS Sage Maker, Model Deployment and Model Monitoring
Let's Talk About Responsibilities:
As a Machine Learning Engineering Intern, you will support the Data Scientists with their data needs, work with Data Scientists on Model Deployments and Machine learning ( ML) Service (API) testing.
The right candidate for our internship will be expected to know commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development process and rely on mentorship, instructions, and pre-established guidelines to perform the job's functions.
Candidates located near our Matrixcare Bloomington office or San Diego Corporate offices are preferred. Candidates may be asked to participate in team meetings if located near one of these sites. This position is also open to remote candidates.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 12 weeks during Summer 2023; program dates are May 22, 2023 – August 11, 2023 OR June 12, 2023 – September 1, 2023
- Upcoming Junior or Senior in Software development academic studies that will lead to a Bachelor's or Master's Degree (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics, and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- Data Science knowledge
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- AWS Knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical experiences as demonstrated through technical projects, research or engineering internships
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and collaboration skills as demonstrated through leadership positions on teams and/or in student or civic organizations
- Exceptional communication skills and interest and enthusiasm related to medical technology industry and a career with ResMed
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary base pay range: $25- 35/ hr.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!