|Published||December 28, 2022|
|Location||Seattle, United States of America|
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Our Trust and Safety engineering team is fast growing and responsible for building machine learning models and systems to identify and defend internet abuse and fraud on our platform. Our mission is to protect billions of users and publishers across the globe every day. We embrace the state-of-the-art machine learning technologies and scale them to detect and improve the tremendous amount of data generated on the platform. With the continuous efforts from our team, TikTok is able to provide the best user experience and bring joy to everyone in the world.
We are looking for excellent machine learning engineers who can take initiatives, design and develop advanced machine learning solutions, and deploy them directly to TikTok's global platform. A successful candidate will have machine learning expertise and good software engineering experience. And you will take pride in working with engineers, product managers and business partners to identity and solve the most challenging safety and integrity problems in the internet scale.
Responsibilities - What You'II Do
• Lead to build the trust and safety machine learning production models
• Work on image classifiers, object detectors, video understanding models, multi-modal classifiers, etc.
• Work with engineering teams to implement model pipeline and deploy the service at scale
• Collaborate with product teams to define objectives and improve trust and safety strategy
• Collaborate with data analysts to understand and find data patterns
• This opening is for both junior level and senior level. Minimum requirement is a BS degree with 3+ years’ industrial experience, or a MS/PhD degree with 1+ years' relevant experience
• Hands on experience in one or more of the areas: image classification, object detection, video understanding, motion analysis or multi-modal modeling
• Good programming skills in Python and similar languages, and a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Good communication and teamwork skills, be passionate about learning new techniques and taking on challenging problems
• Experience in trust and safety and/or publications in top conferences are plus
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually)The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $119700 - $210672 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.