Machine Learning Engineer, Browse and Retention Engineering, TL Architect
|Published||February 13, 2023|
|Location||California, United States of America|
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Homefeed and Closeup (together called Browse) are two discovery platforms at Pinterest that help users find and explore their interests and related content. We have hundreds of millions of users visiting the two platforms on a monthly basis to get inspired and turn their inspiration into actions to improve their daily lives. We are looking for a Tech Lead Architect who can drive cross-team engineering efforts for shipping ML-driven product experiences to our Pinners. You’ll have the opportunity to work on various innovative projects of new product experiences, build large-scale low-latency systems and state-of-the-art machine learning models, and deliver great impact to our Pinners and business metrics.
What you’ll do:
- Lead user-facing projects that involve end-to-end engineering development in both frontend and backend and ML
- Improve relevance and the user experience on Homefeed and Closeup
- Improve our engineering systems to improve the latency, capacity, stability and reduce infra cost
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to develop engineering solutions for user-facing product improvements
- Collaborate with other engineering teams (infra, user modeling, content understanding) to leverage their platforms and signals
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years working experience in the engineering teams that build large-scale ML-driven user-facing products
- 3+ years experience leading cross-team engineering efforts that improves user experience in products
- Experience with large scale data processing (e.g. Hive, Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, Map-reduce)
- Strong execution skills in project management
- Masters or PhD in Comp Sci or related fields
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Go, Java, C++, Python)
- Desired skills:
- Experience in working in frontend, backend and ML systems for large-scale user-facing products, and have a good understanding of how they all work
- Experience in closely collaborating with product managers / designers to ship ML-driven user-facing product
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
US based applicants only
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.