Machine Learning Engineer
|Published||March 18, 2023|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 16 weeks of paid family leave + option for additional unpaid leave
- 15 Company holidays
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual learning and development budget
- 401K with employer match
Every year, millions of people RSVP to an eclectic variety of Meetups around the world. Activity on Meetup is growing faster than ever and by studying it, we're learning how to help members discover the groups and events that are right for them -- sparking new ways to make their worlds come alive than ever before. We are a collaborative and dedicated team seeking machine learning engineers to join us in designing and building the future vision of Meetup.
What you'll do:
You imagine a world more easily connected, where people come together in real life, meet, and do more of the things that empower personal growth through real human connections. We are looking to add engineers to our machine learning team to:
- Use machine learning to improve Meetup's search, recommendation, and notification systems
- Develop, optimize, and maintain machine learning systems through their entire product lifecycle
- Collaborate with product and design to leverage data and algorithms to improve user experience
- Recruit and present on behalf of Meetup at technical conferences and Meetup events
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related STEM field
- 3+ years of work/educational experience with NLP, recommendations, or predictions
- Contributed to a large codebase in Python, Scala, or Java
- Hands-on experience using machine learning frameworks to robustly build, validate, test, and monitor search models (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana)
- Implement machine learning algorithms in cloud (AWS) and horizontally scalable environments (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) databases and RESTful APIs
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people coming together and creating the future of real community; a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.
The pay range for this position is between $100,000 - $125,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.