|Published||February 2, 2023|
Position: Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Luxembourg, Finland
Hiring Model: Hybrid/ On-site
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help explore novel deep learning capabilities that can be applied to remote sensing imagery. You will report to the Machine Learning Team Lead in the Analytics team. The core of the ML team is based in Luxembourg, and we welcome candidates there. However, this role can be based in Finland or remote.
- You will design and develop machine learning models for semantic segmentation and object detection using SAR data
- You will help establish natural catastrophe predictive models leveraging the ICEYE imagery archive + other meteorological data
- You will collaborate with remote sensing scientists and engineers
- Solid experience in deep learning with focus on spatial and/or time series analyses or relevant academic background/Ph.D. program
- Experience with geospatial data and remote sensing imagery is a plus
- Experience in predictive modeling and forecasting
- Deep Python experience
- Familiarity with PyTorch deep learning framework
- Very independent and creative thinker, self-motivated
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- Competitive Salary
- Sodexo lunch pass
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating office workspace
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.