Machine Learning Engineer
|Published||December 23, 2022|
|Location||Fort Gordon, United States of America|
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our mission of “making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient” and our values— as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies TM from 2018 to 2022— guide everything we do in business. We are recognized as one of leading employers in hiring military and veterans, with military veterans making up ~20% of our workforce.
Leidos Life represents our renewed commitment to putting our employees first with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being. Leidos is a people company, plain and simple. The only way Leidos succeeds and continues to grow is if we grow together. Leaders and employees are encouraged to have ongoing career conversations that focus on uncovering interests, collaborating on actions, and seeking out “what’s next.” A variety of learning methods are offered, including on-the-job training, education, peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, and coaching. Internal mobility, where employees are supported to move within for growth and development, is fostered. We understand flexibility is at the heart of engagement, productivity, and frankly, life. Promoting flexible options where we can and providing choices in how, when, and where we work contributes to a better quality of life for all of us. We know our employees share in and take pride in our mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient and need flexible options to deliver on that mission. We also take a 360 approach to well-being. Leidos offers a variety of resources to employees focusing holistically on mental health, financial wellness, and physical fitness. We’re in it for the long haul, growing to meet today’s challenges and preparing for the ones yet to come, and we want you there every step of the way.
Your greatest work is ahead!
This position requires a very strong general knowledge of packaging and deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence prototypes so that the candidate can contribute to making various machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) projects in the Leidos AI/ML Accelerator ready to use in operational settings. Candidates will have at least eight years of experience in converting machine learning prototypes from research code to production code. The candidate will also have hands-on knowledge with formatting multimodal data for use in machine learning and
have designed and implemented machine learning pipelines using various data. Along with those skills, the candidate must have demonstrated ability working independently, as part of a technical team, and as a technical team leader. Additionally, the candidate must be adept a researching machine learning issues and being able to apply those solution in a machine learning pipeline. In this machine learning position the candidate must be a strong Python coder with knowledge in using ML libraries, platforms, and computer architectures.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- To study and convert data science prototypes.
- To design and develop Machine Learning systems and schemes.
- To perform statistical analysis and fine-tune models using test results.
- To find available datasets online for training purposes.
- To train and re-train ML systems and models as and when necessary.
- To extend and enrich existing ML frameworks and libraries.
- To develop Machine Learning apps according to customer/client requirements.
- To research, experiment with, and implement suitable ML algorithms and tools.
- To analyze the problem-solving capabilities and use-cases of ML algorithms and rank them by their success probability.
- To explore and visualize data for better understanding and identify differences in data distribution that could impact model performance when deploying it in real-world scenarios.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience OR a Master's degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Programming experience with relevant coding languages
- Familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms OR Big Data frameworks
- Advanced Math and Statistics skills (linear algebra, calculus, Bayesian statistics, mean, median, variance, etc.)
- Robust data modelling and data architecture skills.
- Programming experience in Python, R, Java, C++, etc.
- Knowledge of Big Data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Flume, etc.
- Background in constructing machine learning in the cloud (Amazon, Google, IBM, etc.)
- Expertise with the ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Experience in working with ML frameworks like TensorFlow and Keras.
- Experience in working with various ML libraries and packages like Scikit learn, Theano, Tensorflow, Matplotlib, Caffe, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Docker containerization
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning Model Monitoring
- Hands-on experience with Dataiku
- Hands-on experience with Domino DataLab
- Hands-on experience with microservices
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a CI Poly if hired.
Army Cyber Command (Arcyber) Cyberspace Operations Support
Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.