Machine Learning & Computer Vision Intern
|Published||December 6, 2022|
|Location||Rockville, United States of America|
Why work at BlueHalo
At BlueHalo our employees describe their work as reminiscent to a graduate school lab with the unique opportunity to see your innovation go beyond the research environment. At BlueHalo your work will transition to the real world, where it can make a difference.
Intern – Machine Learning, Computer Vision
We are looking for self-motivated interns with a strong interest to participate in rewarding research in artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and computer vision. This opportunity is for Summer 2023 (typically start in May or June, lasting 10 weeks or longer).
Citizenship/Immigration Status: Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
NOTE: this opportunity is open to both on-site and 100% remote interns.
- Work with a team of engineers, scientists, and project managers
- Perform technology research in AI and machine learning
- Assist in machine/deep learning model design, training, and testing
- Write prototype software to augment data and manipulate data
- Design and perform data collection and annotation efforts
- Utilize and/or modify existing code bases and libraries; create and shape new functionality
- Conduct field testing and evaluation of components, system, and products
- High school graduate
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary program, pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics, or a related field
- Experience in computer vision and machine learning framework: PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience with designing, training, implementing, and/or testing machine/deep learning models
- Current or past participation in extracurricular student engineering and/or computer science competitions is strongly preferred
- Object-oriented programming (e.g. Java, C++, Python, C#) with the ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Computer Vision (OpenCV)
Leading the Transformation
It speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It’s who we are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe.
Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
Join us and become a vital element of The BlueHalo Effect!
BlueHalo is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to Recruiting@bluehalo.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries.