|Published||February 27, 2023|
Tired of academia? Did you master the tools of machine learning and data science, but get more satisfaction from delivering business results and great questions instead of producing research papers? Are you building a deep intuition about data and how to define success before going deep with algorithms? If you're a builder who is not afraid to challenge conventions and bring new ideas to the table, we want to hear from you!Bring our tailor-made tools for the needs of the movie industry to the very next level.
Own the machine room of the data products driving our business:
- Automated campaign steering driving home every flight, on target, on time.
- A mean hybrid interest signals data machine.
- Advancing our targeting by extracting every ounce of entertainment intelligence from our recommendation system based on massive user and item data.
Collaborate directly with the founders of JustWatch on the business brain of our company and lead your team to.
Who you are:
- You are an expert in machine learning and data science, but you see yourself more as a solutions engineer than a scientist.
- The person who gets more satisfaction from delivering business results and asking great questions than from producing research papers.
- A system thinker who builds an intuitive understanding of data and defines success well before diving into algorithms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Attack seemingly impossible tasks. Iteratively chop away at problems without existing ground truth.
- Don't start from scratch. Draw from years of data engineering excellence and a treasure trove of great quality data you can model on from day oneIterate with boring technology and keeping it simple. Snowflake, Python, Pytorch, Scipy, XGBoost. You'll start introducing more complexity where it makes sense.
- Build prototypes based on smart assumptions in three days to outperforming the SoTA in three months.
- Stealing liberally from basic research instead of attempting it yourselfUnderstand our rich internal recommendations ML engine to pull fromWork on classical (non-)linear optimization problems through lots of tabular modeling, forecasting, normalization, and NLP.
While a solid technical background is crucial, we are looking for someone who is not just a scientist or nerd but also can think strategically and work effectively with different stakeholders in JustWatch. If you have the personality, skills, and experience we are looking for, and if you are genuinely excited about the opportunity to drive business growth through machine learning and data science, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
Show your interest in any way that works for you; we simplified the application process - send us whatever you have or just your Linkedin and a brief message explaining why you are an excellent fit for this role.