Lead Data Scientist
|Published||March 1, 2023|
Fusemachines is an artificial intelligence talent and education solutions company dedicated to democratizing AI. Headquartered in New York,US with operations in Dominican Republic, Canada, and Nepal, it is a 200+ company. Fusemachines' AI educational program has made world-class AI education available, accessible and affordable to students around the world. Fusemachines helps organizations identify opportunities where AI can be best utilized to transform and grow their business.
About the Role
This is a full-time position
A Lead Data Scientist is responsible for designing and implementing data-driven solutions to complex business problems. The role requires extensive experience in data analysis, statistical modeling, machine learning, and data visualization, as well as the ability to lead a team of data scientists and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Lead a team of data scientists to develop innovative data-driven solutions to complex business problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business stakeholders, product managers, software engineers, and data engineers to develop and implement data-driven solutions.
- Assess the business needs of clients and identify areas where AI can be used to improve processes, reduce costs, or increase revenue.
- Design and implement statistical models, machine learning algorithms, and predictive analytics models to solve business problems.
- Communicate technical insights and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, and apply new technologies and techniques to solve business problems.
- Mentor and develop the skills of junior data scientists and provide feedback and guidance to help them improve their work.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the end-to-end machine learning pipelines. This will involve building, deploying, and maintaining machine learning models, as well as ensuring data quality and system stability.
Requirements for the Role
- Applicants should have a Masters, PhD, or advanced training in applied mathematics, engineering, computer science, or a similar related field.
- 8+ years experience in Data Scientist or Machine learning.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, R, C++, and SQL.
- Hands-on experience with ML frameworks, such as PyTorch, or Tensorflow
- Experience with cloud compute environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience in working with distributed systems and big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, apache beam, or Kafka.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams of data scientists.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in industries such as finance, healthcare, e-commerce, retail, or marketing is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.