Junior Machine Learning Engineer
|Published||October 29, 2022|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
- You play a key role fulfilling our mission to create a world where all relationships are healthy and equitable.
- You explore, develop and deploy state of the art machine learning models that help Bumble provide a safe and engaging experience for our users and improve the way Bumble operates.
- You deliver machine learning models to production at scale - from data exploration and conception to deployment and maintenance
- You create the tools, frameworks and libraries that enables the acceleration of our ML products delivery
- You drive improvements to our current AI infrastructure in terms of process, performance and testing
- You act as mentor and evangelists on ML engineering best practises
What’s in it for you?
- With millions of images and messages exchanged on our platform every day, there is a wealth of opportunity to make a real difference in this role and help people to find love all over the world!
- We are a mission driven company and our job in the data science platform is to understand how we can leverage our unique datasets to fulfil this mission.
- You get to join a multidisciplinary team combining scientists, engineers and product managers responsible for delivering machine learning models to personalise user experience, improve safety of our apps or help optimise our operations
- You will be exposed to a multitude of learning opportunities thanks to the mentorship of our senior engineers inside and outside the Machine Learning Engineering collective
- You are encouraged to keep up with state-of-the-art research and developments with the opportunity to create prototypes for the business while publishing and speaking at top conferences
Sounds great, right??
- A totally inclusive, equitable, comfortable and safe space for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (not including two company-wide week’s off)
- Focus Fridays
- 26 weeks full paid parental leave
- Annual Bonus
- Equity Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Subsidised and discounted gym membership
- Learning and development budget
- Free breakfast and lunch (cooked by our superb onsite catering team), First-Friday takeaway vouchers (choice of Deliveroo, Just Eat or Uber Eats) and an amazing selection of snacks and drinks
- Merchandise Allowance
- Premium App Access
What we look for in a Junior Machine Learning Engineer
We want to step away from the multitude of similar, monotonous JD’s … we’ll say we are looking for talented and motivated Junior Machine Learning Engineers so you’ll need to be interested in all the typical technologies you’d expect (e.g. Python, DevOps, Machine learning libraries like scikit-learn, pandas, TensorFlow, numpy, etc,) but more interestingly we’d love to hear from anyone that can help us solve some of our seriously cool challenges…
- Maintain and improve the MLOps infrastructure allowing us to serve predictions at massive scale and iterate faster on all our models;
- Help to improve relevance on our apps by leveraging our data and building bespoke recommender and compatibility systems;
- Ensuring a safe experience by best utilising NLP and/or Computer Vision algorithms and technology;
- Accelerate and automate decision making and build forecasting, pricing and marketing models.
Sounds like something of interest?
Great! We’d love to hear from you and can’t wait to chat with you!
Benefits found in job post
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance