Internships – Research / Data Science (2023) at Capital Fund Management (CFM)
|Published||October 25, 2022|
Founded in 1991, we are a global quantitative and systematic asset management firm applying a scientific approach to finance to develop alternative investment strategies that create value for our clients.
We value innovation, dedication, collaboration and the ability to make an impact and together we create an environment for talented and passionate experts in research, technology and business to explore new ideas and challenge assumptions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our research teams are working on extracting insights from a vast array of datasets (e.g. traditional financial data, but also exotic, alternative and sustainability related datasets) to develop sophisticated trading models alongside with portfolio optimization.
Their aim is to build new strategies, to supplement those already devised and implemented by CFM.
As an intern, you will be working in a team of more than 60 researchers/ data scientists. We have several internships to be filled, linked to different areas of research including:
- Machine learning: NLP / Deep Learning
- Signals extraction (using various type of datasets, including sustainability related)
- Portfolio optimization (most optimal usage of the trading models with account for the financial risk, and construction of the risk factors properly describing non-stationarity of the price time series)
- Execution optimization (bring understanding about typical time scales of interaction of the market)
- You have a master’s degree in an applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computational Science, Quantitative Finance).
- You are proficient in Python and data/ time-series manipulation
- You are fluent in written and spoken in English
- Your experience on heterogeneous sources aggregation and manipulation of huge datasets is a plus
- You are able to think out-of-the-box, rigorous and have good communication skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
We are continuously striving to be an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit any discrimination based on sex, disability, origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, or religion. We believe that our diversity, breath of experience, and multiple points of view are among the leading factors in our success.
CFM is a signatory of the Women Empowerment Principles