Internship Opportunity: Researcher – Deep Reinforcement Learning for Games
|Published||November 17, 2022|
|Location||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
For our Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK, location, we are seeking highly motivated researcher intern candidates in the area of Gaming and AI. We encourage applications from all candidates with a background in Deep Learning (DL), Reinforcement Learning (RL), or a related field, who are excited to tackle challenges that arise in applications of modern machine learning approaches to video games. Working closely with researchers from Microsoft for the duration of 12 weeks, you will advance the state of the art in this space by developing novel models and algorithms.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research while collaborating with a diverse team. Key research challenges we are currently tackling include, but are not limited to, generalization in deep RL, multi-agent RL, imitation learning, and scaling training to large-scale data and compute. The focus and scope of internship projects considers the team’s direction as well as successful candidates’ experience and research interests.
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. When submitting your application, include your CV with a list of publications as an attachment. For more information about the post, please feel free to email Tabish Rashid at email@example.com.
- In collaboration with your mentor and a diverse team (including designers, engineers, and researchers), solve an ambitious research challenge and translate your results into actionable insights that are relevant to applications in modern video games.
- Write code to test the new approach or hypotheses.
- Distil the developed insights into effective communications, such as a research paper, a presentation, to reach internal and external technical and general audiences .
- Enrolled in a PhD program with a focus on reinforcement learning, game AI, or a related area.
- Ability to carry out research in reinforcement learning or a related area, demonstrated by journal or conference publications or similar.
- Strong understanding of state-of-the-art (deep) reinforcement learning approaches.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and empirically evaluating reinforcement learning, and/or deep learning approaches.
- Demonstrated ability and or strong motivation to learn to use cloud infrastructure for experimentation is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.