Internship Opportunity: Health Futures – Machine Learning Research Intern
|Published||January 10, 2023|
|Location||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
The Health Futures group in Cambridge UK, is dedicated to advancing Healthcare with AI. Our mission is to empower every person in the planet to live a healthier future.
As a Machine Learning intern, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team that develops solutions to problems that span multiple healthcare research domains, in particular the following core areas:
- Biomedical Imaging
- Biomedical NLP
- Biomedical Signal Processing
We are looking for diverse ML expertise with experience in computer vision, NLP, signal processing, causal inference, and deep generative modelling to work on problems across radiology, computational pathology, real world evidence, medical imaging reconstruction and life sciences.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team on healthcare applications of machine learning.
- Develop novel machine learning models and algorithms.
- Design, implement and evaluate machine learning experiments.
- Write and present your findings in technical documents or papers.
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in Machine Learning or a related field with focus on ML.
- Have experience/interest in ML and health and/or life-sciences.
- Have demonstrated proficiency through one or multiple publications at relevant venues.
- Have strong programming skills and experience with deep learning frameworks.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services