Internship in Data Science (f/m)
|Published||November 13, 2022|
Goodyear. More Driven.
The candidate will join a multicultural and multidisciplinary data science team at Goodyear. The project portfolio includes data analytics for tire performance, tire intelligence, manufacturing and business operations.
Develop a unified framework to generate augmented time-series data from real-time sensors installed in tires. The data will be multivariate and will have to closely match real-life data which can include data artifacts, outliers, hardware malfunctions and varying sampling frequencies. This framework will be used as part of cloud-based algorithm development efforts, algorithm performance evaluations, stress tests, hypothesis testing and regression tests.
- Evaluate different approaches such as classical statistics time-series models, supervised deep learning techniques and probabilistic generative methods.
- Develop a prototype data augmentation framework in Python
- Apply the framework to real-life data to support continuous improvement of existing deployed algorithms
- Present the status of the project during team meetings (at least 2 presentations)
- Create written documentation and transfer the results to one permanent team member
To join our team you will need:
MSc in Data Science, Mathematics.
Fluency in English is a must.
Skills & Qualifications
- Data science principle, statistics and applied mathematics
- Some experience with common data science libraries (scikit-learn, keras or pytorch, pandas, numpy, …)
- Basic experience with Linux and High Performance Computing would be an asset
- Basic understanding of Cloud technologies would be an asset
You must be available for 6 months & be enrolled in university.
Ideal starting date : flexible
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.