|Published||November 16, 2022|
Goodyear. More Driven.
Currently we are looking for an Intern in Data Science to join our team in Luxembourg.
The objective of this project is to investigate approaches for optimal decision making for manufacturing where the constraints and/or the objectives are defined using machine learning models.
We Are Looking For Someone To Explore Algorithms Or Extend Algorithms In One Of The Following Areas
The main task is to identify and test a new technique for integrating machine learning into optimization. There are several different approaches which can be explored and are supported in literature.
- Linear/Non-Linear Programming
- Machine Learning
In this role, one could expect to,
- Improve an existing algorithm or prototype a new algorithm using python
- Identify and understand the strengths or limitations of the algorithm through experimentation
- Communicate results of research through presentations, documentation, and research papers
To join our team you will need:
Master student in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar field.
Fluency in English is a must.
Skills & Qualifications
- Applied Mathematics (e.g. linear algebra, probability, statistics, optimization)
- Data Science (e.g. data manipulation, machine learning, generative models, learning algorithms, feature engineering)
Demonstrated Experience With
- Python programming language (this is a must)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proven past experience in internship/work or data science competitions (optional but recommended)
You must be available for 6 months & be enrolled in university.
Ideal starting date : January - March 2023
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.