|Published||November 22, 2022|
|Location||San Jose, United States of America|
Advancing the World’s Technology Together
Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day--including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You’ll Do
The Advanced Neural Processor Lab (NPL) mission is to create next generation architecture for neural processors and develop innovative system and storage architectures that transform the performance of machine learning in mobile devices, HPC and supercomputer centers.
Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Jose headquarters 3 days per week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time
Reports to: Deep Learning Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Develop efficient algorithms to accelerate the performance of state-of-the-art neural networks.
- Work closely with hardware and software teams on neural network co-design problems.
- Study the latest deep learning research and collaborate with diverse teams, including deep learning researchers, hardware architects, and software engineers.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
What You Bring
- Currently pursuing PhD degree or Master’s degree with equivalent experience
- Solid Education and Background in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Science and Engineering with:
- Strong coding skills in C++ and/or Python
- Experience with using and modifying TensorFlow, PyTorch code and/or other neural network development frameworks
- Experience in neural network approaches to applications areas such as computer vision, natural language processing, and autonomous driving
- Expertise and/or hands-on experiences in the following areas are highly desired:
- Communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of signal processing, linear algebra, Halide, OpenVX, GPU OpenCL/Cuda programming
- Knowledge of neural network compression techniques
- Experiences in the following areas are pluses:
- Experiences with hardware development
- Experiences with HPC and scientific computing environments
- Experiences with Kubernetes and Docker and other container technologies
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
What We Offer
An investment in your future, is an investment in ours. That’s why we offer a diverse package of benefits centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to competitive compensation and the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive curation of benefits empower our people to care for their whole selves.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Enjoy Time Away You’ll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge.
Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way—including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.