|Published||March 31, 2023|
|Location||Santa Clara, United States of America|
We are currently looking for interns with solid Computer Engineering, Computer Science and ML backgrounds who would be interested in exploring research directions in one of the following general domains:
(i) Various aspects of matrix processing such as efficient processing algorithm or efficient acceleration hardware design.
(ii) Applications of ML, statistical learning and optimization methodologies in the automated design exploration of modern hardware.
(iii) Computer Vision
(iv) Automatic Speech Recognition (or related areas)
(v) Natural Language Processing (or related areas)
Responsibilities and opportunities to learn:
- Work with the machine learning branch of our CPU design team and focus on one of the following:
- Help explore, develop and publish research results of machine learning and statistical learning in the domain of matrix processing.
- Help explore and develop applications of ML and statistical learning in various aspects of HW design process – e.g., design space exploration, verification and instruction set generation, chip physical layout, etc. Collaborate with fellow machine learning research engineers on a regular basis on general ML topics such as GNNs, etc., with potential application in system and HW design pipelines.
- Help explore and develop research results of machine learning and statistical learning in various domains such as computer vision, automatic speech recognition, or natural language processing.
- Publish results in top computer science conferences.
Prefer candidates with some of the following qualifications—as related to general domains of focus mentioned above:
- Knowledge of Deep Reinforcement Learning, optimization and search techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical learning—e.g., deep neural networks, graph neural networks and sequence processing. Familiarity with ML architectural designs.
- Familiarity with ML implementation environments and platforms such as PyTorch and/or Tensorflow.
- Research experience in one of the following knowledge areas: Matrix processing algorithms or matrix accelerator design experience; CPU architecture, computer organization, design space exploration; AutoML; Computer Vision; Automatic Speech Recognition or related areas; Natural Language Processing or related areas.
- Agility in learning and working with multiple tools, including research and commercial tools.
- Experience in developing software in Linux/Unix environments.
- Well organized, detail-oriented team player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ph.D or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or closely related majors.
Hourly intern pay range: $18 to $59, depending on degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc.), years of relevant experience, year in school, internship location, credentials, qualifications, geographic location and other job-related factors.
Housing allowance and relocation benefit might be provided to intern candidates who meet the qualifications. Additional details on the compensation package will be provided to candidates during the interview process
Futurewei Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.