Intern – Machine Learning
|Published||February 5, 2023|
|Location||Northville, United States of America|
Known for our innovative components, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America manufactures autonomous-ready infotainment and ADAS solutions, premium audio systems, high-definition displays, and powertrain electronics for standard, electric, and hybrid vehicles. Since 1979 we have served the major automotive, heavy-duty truck, and coach manufacturers across the US, and continue to grow each year! Be a part of a select team that is making a real impact on the automotive mobility of tomorrow!
Under supervision, will work with UX/ Platform designers, architects, managers, and other team members to carry out automotive Machine learning and artificial intelligence research projects. This research will be recognized and will contribute toward automotive product development, new use case development, technical marketing, and other business needs. They will utilize a range of research methodologies, such as AI cluster design, ML programming, data mining and big data analytics to communicate results clearly and convincingly through written and oral reports and presentations.
- Works with Senior Advanced development staff to carry out research projects in collaboration with UX designers, Platform Architects, and other stakeholders.
- Completes all phases of automotive ML/ AI projects, including research planning, HW and SW design, test and validation, analysis, and reporting.
- Analyzes research data using data analysis tools and techniques.
- Uses research data to identify opportunities for enhancing usability, improving design, and influencing innovation for in-vehicle technologies.
- Clearly communicates research findings through written reports and oral presentations to project stakeholders
- Applies User-Centered Design and Human-Computer Interaction concepts and best practices in day-to-day project tasks. To improve machine learning data design
- Support and assist the Department leadership, as needed.
- Support and make recommendations to improve Company policies and procedures.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Advanced Development department by analyzing current processes, procedures and systems and makes recommendations for improvement for own job.
- In progress Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Robotics Engineering, or related field. Senior Level, or currently enrolled in a relevant MS or Ph.D. program.
- Proficiency in carrying out unsupervised R&D activities in ML design, AI software architectures, ML clusters testing and validation, and model development
- Proficiency in software development on NVIDIA Jetson or similar.
- Familiarity with various hardware components set up
- Familiarity analyzing and reporting research data
- Shows strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Works proactively toward goals; does not wait to be told what to do.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
To the extent that such laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, MEAA shall not discriminate against any applicant, associate, vendor, contractor, customer, or client on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic information, military or veterans’ status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Click here to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the supplement.
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-275-5077.
Benefits found in job post
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Tuition assistance