|Published||April 16, 2023|
|Location||San Jose, United States of America|
NIO is a pioneer and a leading company in the premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users.
NIO designs, develops, jointly manufactures and sells premium smart electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in autonomous driving, digital technologies, electric powertrains and batteries. NIO differentiates itself through its continuous technological breakthroughs and innovations, such as its industry-leading battery swapping technologies, Battery as a Service, or BaaS, as well as its proprietary autonomous driving technologies and Autonomous Driving as a Service, or ADaaS.
NIO’s product portfolio consists of the ES8, a six-seater smart electric flagship SUV, the ES7 (or the EL7), a mid-large five-seater smart electric SUV, the ES6, a five-seater all-round smart electric SUV, the EC7, a five-seater smart electric flagship coupe SUV, the EC6, a five-seater smart electric coupe SUV, the ET7, a smart electric flagship sedan, and the ET5, a mid-size smart electric sedan.
NIO’s Digital Cockpit Team is seeking a highly motivated and talented graduate student to join our team as a Summer intern. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects related to digital signal processing and embedded systems, including firmware development and MATLAB simulation. The ideal candidate will have experience working with C/C++ programming languages and have a solid understanding of digital signal processing principles.
- Work closely with our world-class engineering team to design, develop and test firmware for embedded systems.
- Assist in the development of MATLAB simulations for signal processing algorithms.
- Participate in team meetings and provide updates on projects progress.
- Troubleshoot and debug firmware and hardware issues.
- Contribute to project documentation and prepare technical reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a nationally accredited graduate program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong background in digital signal processing(DSP) principles and technique.
- Experience with C/C++ programming and embedded system development.
- Familiarity with MATLAB simulation and analysis tools.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Understanding of up-to-date machine learning and deep learning theory.
- Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience with Real-Time Digital Signal Processing.
- The US hourly salary range for this full-time Intern position is $45.60 for a Masters student.
- This is a 10 to 12 Week Summer Internship from May to August.
- Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only. It does not include discretionary bonus, equity, or benefits.
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time NIO employee, you are eligible for the following benefits on the first day you join NIO:
- CIGNA EPO, HSA, and Kaiser HMO medical plans with $0 for Employee Only Coverage.
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plan. Both provide options with a $0 paycheck contribution covering you and your eligible dependents.
- Company Paid HSA (Health Savings Account) Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible CIGNA medical plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) with Brokerage Link option
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time
- 13 Paid Holidays a year
- Paid Parental Leave for first 8 weeks at full pay (eligible after 90 days of employment with NIO)
- Paid Disability Leave for first 6 weeks at full pay (eligible after 90 days of employment with NIO)
- Voluntary benefits including: Voluntary Life and AD&D options for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependent child(ren), pet insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Mobile Cell Phone Credit
- Healthjoy mobile benefit app supporting you and your dependents with benefit questions on the go & support with benefit billing questions
- Free lunch and snacks
- Onsite gym
- Employee discounts and perks program