|Published||May 8, 2023|
|Location||Christchurch, United Kingdom|
Note: Partly's headquarters are in Christchurch (NZ) and London (UK), but we have employees across APAC and Europe.
Partly's mission is to connect the world's parts and we're doing that by building the first global platform for replacement parts, starting with auto parts. Our big vision is to accelerate the world towards a sustainable future where waste is eliminated and all replacement parts are universally searchable, accessible and available to all.
We've more than tripled our team over the last 12 months and expect to double in size again over the coming 12 months. We're a global team spanning both Europe and Australasia. Founded by ex-Rocket Lab engineers, we utilise cutting-edge technology to solve challenging but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
We provide a scalable digital infrastructure solution to some of the world's largest businesses and the most exciting startups. Partly's solutions are integrated across hundreds of companies globally, providing the backbone for cataloguing and managing parts online.
Blackbird Ventures (Canva, CultureAmp etc.) led both our Pre-Seed and Seed rounds, alongside I2BF (NYC), Hillfarrance, Icehouse, Peter Beck (Rocket Lab), Akshay Kothari (Notion Co-Founder) and Dylan Field (Figma Co-Founder).
We're continuing to build a world-class team and ensuring Partly is a place where people can do the best work of their lives. We're proud of the culture we've built at Partly, and our values are lived throughout every experience.
In this role, you will work alongside other members of our Data Science team to tackle exciting R&D problems.
- You will be part of one of our R&D Teams and build a project with real, meaningful, and major impact on our clients.
- You will have the chance to learn and contribute and deepen your engineering skills.
- You will do data analysis, modeling, visualization, and pattern recognition.
- Build new prediction systems and work on data processing systems and modeling using techniques such as ANNs, graph algorithms, regressions, trees, feature extraction
- The tech you can expect: Python, SciKitLearn, PyTorch, Pandas, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL
Watch our last year's interns talking about their summer at Partly.
- You have an exciting project to share with us, something you are truly proud of.
- You are enrolled and working towards obtaining a BS in Computer Science or a related field. Please note that in order to be eligible for an internship, we require that you be returning to school the following quarter/semester to work towards completing your degree in NZ.
- You are a problem solver and you love complex problems.
- You are a self-starter.
- You have a good understanding of data analysis, extraction, mapping and/or ML.
- You spend time outside of uni on personal projects.
- You are a clear communicator and team player.
- You are able to work and learn autonomously.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- Generous parental leave and flexible return to work.
- Flexible working hours and location. We have an office-first culture but you can work remotely or from home whenever it suits you. There are no fixed hours so you can choose to work when you’re most effective.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces to suit all kinds of working styles.