|Published||May 4, 2023|
|Location||Dallas, United States of America|
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
This internship will focus on supporting the Data Science team and is intended to better your knowledge, understanding, and experience in Data Science and statistical analytics. The individual will be responsible for retrieving, processing, analyzing the clinical data, and summarizing results to cross-functional teams. You will have the opportunity to learn and work with staff within Data Science as well as other departments and volunteers
The American Heart Association’s Internship Program provides college students an opportunity for hands-on experience in various facets for individuals interested in gaining work experience with a non-profit, voluntary health organization.
Individuals will obtain practical experience and receive hands-on training in various disciplines, to include volunteer recruitment/management, community event planning and management, public health research, community partner networking/connection, and program development/implementation.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Time Commitment: 20 hours per week
- Internship Duration: 5/22/2023 – 8/11/2023
- Remote position
- Salary: $23.00 per hour
Individuals participating in the internship program are provided with an opportunity to:
- Gain important and practical job skills to be successful in a non-profit environment
- Opportunity to explore a career-path with a reputable voluntary health/service organization
- Gain experience in the professional world while learning about board management
- Complete an internship that enriches your academic and professional resume as well as enriching your personal life by making a difference in the lives of others
- Retrieving, processing, and analyzing clinical data or other biomedical data.
- Summarizing results to cross-functional teams.
- Draft manuscripts.
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS or higher in data science, statistics, biomedical engineering, or computer science.
- Must be knowledgeable in R, or python, and a range of data science analysis software.
- Must have knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Prior experience with clinical data.
- Ability to deal professionally in a corporate or non-profit environment and assume responsibility for guiding projects and programs from inception through completion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing multiple priorities involving multiple entities.
- Intermediate to excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Minimum availability of 20 hrs/wk, M-F between the hours of 8:30am-5pm.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship, now or in the future. For any roles working remotely, the work must also be performed inside the United States, not in a foreign country.
- Required Equipment:
- Reliable WiFi Connection
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation and Performance – Attracting talented, committed interns means offering competitive compensation, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
So, are you ready to intern for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases?
A cover letter is recommended to explain why an internship in public health at the American Heart Association appeals to you.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities