|Published||March 29, 2023|
|Location||Manchester, United Kingdom|
Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Peak. Off the back of our $75m Series C funding round in late 2021, led by SoftBank, we're scaling our offering, and putting AI in the hands of even more customers.
We have ambitious plans for the future and that means we're looking to welcome new people to our team. At Peak, culture and success come hand in hand – so creating and protecting a company culture that’s true to our values remains a fundamental aspect of our mission.
Sitting within the Data Science Org, being an Insight Data Analyst places you right at the heart of the company and at the forefront of deriving actionable insights to help our customers grow and become more efficient. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in data analytics and insight, and gain highly sought after experience in the AI field, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
In your role as an Insight specialist in the Peak Data Science team, your purpose is to use analysis, visualisations, and insight to enable Peak to successfully deliver AI applications to our customers, and to support our sales team across multiple sectors.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work within the Data Science team, providing data-driven recommendations to our customers on how to improve the way they operate. Interfacing with diverse people and situations - from Peak’s Data Scientists to being onsite with our customers; this position requires a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. Furthermore, there is considerable opportunity to expand the role as Peak grows.
We’re looking for expertise in data analytics, visualization & insight. An essential part of the role will involve translating raw data into recommendations that businesses can action, requiring a combination of technical and commercial skills. You must be enthusiastic about data, curious about new ways to explore and visualize data, and have the ability to communicate your understanding and findings clearly to our customers.
Our core values
We are looking for teammates who are:
- Open - excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex information to those in other disciplines.
- Driven – shows high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence.
- Curious - naturally inquisitive with a problem-solving mindset.
- Smart – keeps up to date with the latest data science and analytics best practice.
- Responsible - effectively balance competing priorities and work productively as part of the team.
We’d love it if you have
- Prior experience in one or some of - statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics, natural language processing.
- The ability to understand and present findings to a non-technical audience. Prior experience in data visualization and/or deriving insight from a wide variety of data sources is a plus.
- Experience of engaging with internal and external stakeholders, understanding their business issues and providing solutions
- Proficiency in statistical and other tools/languages, specifically R and /or Python.
- Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL are a big bonus as you’ll be working with different datasets.
- Sound understanding of a wide range of statistical techniques.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus eight flexible bank holidays.
- Share options for everyone, when we win, we all win.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Hybrid working model and flexible hours - 3 days onsite in Manchester, 2 days remote
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Direct access to a GP as well as mental health support including counselling, through WeCare, for your partner and children.
- Subsidised gym membership, Peak run club and online yoga, boxing and HIIT classes.
- Regular company and team days along with social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans
Our 4 step interview process
- Intro call - Initial intro to Peak with our Data Science Talent Manager, Nancy
- Team meeting - Video Interview with two people in the Insight team to explore values and find out more about your background.
- Skills Session - You will be set a task and asked to present your work to the team followed by a discussion and questions, this stage will also be a video call.
- Meet leadership - Get the lowdown on Peak, our future and your career with a final chat with someone in our leadership team, followed by a tour of the clubhouse!
Want to see more?
You can check some of our articles on Medium!
Diversity, Equity & inclusion
We’re here to change the way the world works and build an amazing company that everyone loves being part of. We know diverse perspectives and experiences result in better solutions, which is why we want all of our Peakers to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’ve been striving to build a diverse and inclusive team from the outset. It’s a continuous journey, and there’s more we can do – but we’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, which is ahead of the tech industry standard.
We’ve set targets in relation to gender and ethnicity, for now, but we know there’s more to diversity than just these two areas. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment for those of all ages, religions, sexual orientations, socio-economic status and for those with disabilities.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer – a UK Government certification for organizations actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain persons with disabilities. If you need any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works by putting AI applications in the hands of business teams.
Peak’s AI platform is used by leading brands including Nike, Palace, PepsiCo, KFC and Sika, and provides a broad feature set that enables technical and commercial teams to build, deploy and manage AI applications at scale. The platform features a library of pre-built AI applications that rapidly create real value across a range of business functions.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. The same year, it received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement, and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and again by Best Companies in 2021 and 2022. This year Peak was also recognized as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators.