|Published||February 6, 2023|
|Location||Washington, United States of America|
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’ ESG Sustainability Advice Solutions Department is seeking two interns as part of our Global Internship Program (GIP). The Global Internship Program (GIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of IFC and the broader World Bank Group and become part of the largest private sector development institution in the world. The program encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work, while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. Moreover, the Global Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to exchange ideas and network with international professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
The Internship period will be between May 2023– September 2023.
• Secondary Projects: The data science team works closely with Business operations, and interns will have an opportunity to engage with these teams to understand IFC’s approach to impact investing and integrating ESG into lending and investment transactions.
• Field of study, Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related.
• At least 3 years of previous work experience conducting market research, financial modeling & statement analysis.
• Proficient with Jupyter Notebooks
• Proficient with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch, TensorFlow, or Keras
• Data Engineering skills including Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Python scripting, data scraping, and crawling, etc.
• Data Visualization skills.
• Fluency in English
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.