|Published||March 18, 2023|
|Location||Phoenix, United States of America|
Intel's Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics group (AXG) delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology. If you are passionate about computer graphics and want to work with leading graphics researchers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then AXG has opportunities for you.
Your responsibilities could involve but not limited to:
- Conduct research devising new techniques in real-time 3D rendering under the guidance of an Intel graphics researcher
- Implement and analyze new real-time rendering algorithms or other highly parallel algorithms.
- Potentially impact Intel graphics hardware and software products and publication in industry or academia.
We're looking for graphics explorers who are collaborative and team oriented with strong written and verbal communications skills, ready to follow ideas and findings where-ever they take you to innovate and make a difference with Intel real-time graphics. Come join us.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Willing to comprehend and analyze rendering literature.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must be a student currently pursuing Master’s or PhD Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or similar field.
Candidate should have 1 + years of work or educational experience in the following:
- Software development in C++ with graphics APIs (e.g. OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX), and/or shading languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL) and/or GPU compute languages (e.g. DPC++, CUDA, OpenCL).
- Experience developing advanced graphics algorithms such as: raster graphics, ray traced based graphics, physically-based light transport, sampling strategies, acceleration structures, level of detail, shading, appearance, etc.
- Pursuing PhD Degree
- Expertise in designing task, data, and pipeline parallel algorithms and systems.
- Experience creating real-time rendering effects using programmable shaders.
- Background in applying machine learning techniques to graphics with familiarity with TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Familiarity with serial and parallel programming environments used in real-time rendering such as; C, C++, TBB, DPC++, ISPC, CUDA and OpenCL.
- Knowledge of GPU architecture and/or GPU workloads and performance characteristics
- Experience using profilers and debugging tools for performance analysis.
Inside this Business Group
The focus of Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics (AXG) is to accelerate our execution in strategic growth areas of high-performance computing and graphics. AXG is chartered with delivering high performance computing and graphics solutions (IP, Software, Systems), for both integrated and discrete segments across client, enterprise and data center. Our mission is to make zeta-scale computing accessible to every human on the planet by the end of this decade and to entertain, educate and connect billions of people with buttery smooth visual experiences.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado, New York, Washington, California: $63,000.00-$166,000.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience
This role is available as a fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need. This role may also be available as our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.