|Published||October 30, 2022|
|Location||Lorton, United States of America|
This internship is primarily in office work, with some local travel and occasional telework allowed. Timeline for this job opportunity: We are currently accepting applications for this paid internship for the Summer of 2023.
- Applications can be submitted from 15 October 2022 to 30 November 2022
- Applications will be reviewed through 15 December 2022.
- Interviews will be conducted through 06 January 2023.
- Decisions (offers) will be extended starting 16 January 2023.
We are seeking a smart, energetic, and dedicated individual who is either an advanced undergraduate (declared major) or actively pursuing a Masters or PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, CS, or a related field to work alongside an SPA mentor in support of data development and analysis for DTRA Research & Development programs. The successful intern will be a quick learner and key contributor to analysis, projects, presentations and discussions.
Our office is located in Lorton, VA, convenient to our DTRA clients at Fort Belvoir.
The ideal intern will:
- Be enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
- Articulate a willingness to learn program/organizational processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and strong problem solving skills.
- Possess strong leadership, communications, and organizational skills.
- Offer the ability to delve into technical details and translate those into findings and recommendations.
- Must be a US Citizen b e capable of quickly obtaining an active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance to start and maintain it during the period of employment.