Game Data Scientist
|Published||November 14, 2022|
Ready for your next adventure?
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
We are looking to welcome yet another brilliant Game Data Scientist into our Analytics team, where you will work to understand our gamers’ behavior, and work with the game teams to improve the product, drive retention & user conversion.
Applying quantitative analysis, data science, statistics & programming, you’ll draw business insights that add real value to Socialpoint . To truly make an impact you’ll need to learn quickly & work well in a fast-paced environment while collaborating closely with analytics & game teams.
What will you do in Socialpoint?
- Work with the game development teams to provide insights into user behavior and answer key business questions.
- Turn our vast amount of data into actionable insights, by performing hands-on data exploration, modeling and analysis.
- Propose, design and implement new data models (prediction, estimation, forecasting) to exploit opportunities and improve the performance of our games.
- Visualize and communicate the results of your data analysis to senior stakeholders, making data driven recommendations that support key decisions.
- Coding algorithms that can be embedded in our ongoing data processes, working closely with data engineers and scientists.
- Debugging and problem-solving to ensure the quality and accuracy of your findings and metrics.
- Team up with other game data scientists to lead projects on machine learning.
- 2-3 years experience applying analytics to answer business questions and mine for insights that drive value
- A Masters degree in a quantitative field, including hard sciences (e.g Physics, Stats, Maths, Engineering) & social sciences (Economics, Psychology, Sociology…)
- Strong analytical skills in applied statistics or econometrics and prior experience in empirical analysis.
- Highly proficient in SQL as well as Python or R for data exploratory analysis.
- Creating dashboards and visualising findings with a front-end visualization tool like Tableau or Looker.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience presenting to business stakeholders.
- Passion for games, or high interest in the mobile gaming industry
- Curiosity about everything & ability to innovate & work independently
- Experience in a mobile B2C business .
- Experience implementing data science models with Python or R .
- Creative and innovative, always looking for better ways to achieve our goals.
- Experience designing and analysing randomized experiments
- A fast learner, highly meticulous , a consummate professional. You bring value into any conversation you have.
- Pragmatic, you know how to balance short term and long term deliverables.
- A team player, you establish effective relationships to work with others for the win.
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
- Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now! Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Benefits found in job post
- Medical insurance