|Published||January 15, 2023|
|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
Are you passionate about using data science techniques to develop actionable data pipelines? Do you enjoy finding and solving complex problems?…..then we have an exciting opportunity for you as an ecommerce Data Scientist here at Asda
You will be part of a diverse, collaborative team, responsible for managing and optimising key data led products across the horizontal ecommerce function. You'll also have the opportunity to support activities across the wider organisation, requiring a strong team work ethic and a desire to develop working relationships. This role provides many opportunities to further develop your communication, technical and analytical skillsets with like minded individuals as part of the Asda data science community.
As Asda moves through a digital and customer transformation, you'll be joining Asda at the right time. Leveraging data and analytics is a critical area of transformation and you would be at the very heart of this!
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for a varied range of deliverables, these will include;
- Exploration of extremely rich data to identify and predict key opportunities and enable stakeholders to make better, more data driven business decisions
- Creation of actionable outputs from rich data piplines
- Building data ops models to drive value from the existing products on the ecommerce stack
- Influencing new data pipelines to explore and land cutting edge opportunites in data
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders across the business to achieve what is right for customers
- Working closely with data scientists and third party agencies to predict, experiment and monitor the impact of new products and initiatives across the ecommerce horizontal
- Analytical thinker
- Good understanding of SQL
- Intermediate experience with Data & ML Ops
- Intermediate experience with data mining and data science languages and tools
Nice to have experience with (Microsoft Azure cloud experience preferred, but others are also acceptable):
- Microsoft Azure (basic)
- Databricks (basic)
Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company car allowance
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.