|Published||February 16, 2023|
|Location||Herndon, United States of America|
At Expedition Technology (EXP), we work on real-world problems whose solutions will make an immediate impact on national security. If you desire an opportunity where you will apply your deep learning and software engineering expertise to challenging problems with no known solutions, EXP is the place to be!
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Deep Learning-and-Software Engineer who will work with a dynamic team that is delivering novel solutions to our Intel Community. We’re looking for someone who has in-depth understanding of DL architectures such as YOLO, Faster R-CNN, Mask R-CNN, and other state of the art object detection models. The candidate should feel comfortable developing and testing end-to-end deployable systems; from sourcing and curating data, building, training, and evaluating models, to productizing final deliverables.
If you feel fulfilled by rolling up your sleeves and thinking about hard problems, building new learning algorithms from scratch, and working in a fast paced but scientifically rigorous environment, we want to hear from you!
Interested in joining our team? Here’s what you’ll need to succeed:
· Researching academic literature to keep abreast of the latest theories, techniques, and tools
· Working in a team to develop deep learning architectures and models for novel applications
· Implementing solutions in Python (PyTorch)
· Delivering high-quality, carefully tested software
· Participate in team brainstorming sessions to shape innovative solutions
Required Skills and Experience:
· US Citizenship – must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US-Government issued security clearance of Top Secret or higher
· An active Secret clearance (Top Secret preferred)
· MS and 3+ years of experience or BS and 5+ years of experience in a technical field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics
· Proven proficiency in PyTorch, TensorFlow, or other modern machine learning framework
· Solid theoretical understanding of deep neural networks as well as its applications, particularly in computer vision
· Proven experience architecting, training, testing, and deploying machine learning solutions within an AWS environment
· Experience using collaborative source code management tools (Git)
· Strong technical presentation and writing skills
· Strong software development skills to include object-oriented design and implementation in languages like Python
· Strong practical experience developing in both object oriented and procedural languages
· Experience with standard data structures, algorithms, and application organization
· Experience with the full software development lifecycle, CI/CD, agile/scrum methodologies
· Experience with software testing (unit, integration, functional, etc.)
· Exposure to software containerization with Docker, Linux, and cloud development
What do we offer our team?
Expedition Technology (EXP) offers a flexible, self-directed benefits package that is designed to fit your individual needs. Benefits include:
· Company-paid, medical, dental and vision insurance
· Up to 45 days of PTO
· 12% 401k match - Traditional and Roth options available
· Student loan repayment assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement - $5250/year available
· Referral bonus program
· Free tickets to sporting events, theater, concerts and more
· Free, onsite fitness center, onsite cafeteria with reduced-cost meals
· A collaborative, creative and supportive culture where you will be encouraged to push boundaries, take risks and enjoy the rewards.
Who is Expedition Technology?
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.