|Published||March 1, 2023|
At CARIAD, it’s our mission to transform automotive mobility for everyone, everywhere, making it safer, more sustainable, and more comfortable in every way. To deliver on that promise, we’re building a unified technology and software platform, including a vehicle OS and cloud platform, as well as a unified architecture. As a 100% subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, we’re developing solutions for all of its brands, including Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche, and will bring our software to over 40 million vehicles by 2030.
Is this an easy task? Not at all! To tackle such a huge challenge, we need a great team. And that’s where you come in. You’ll join more than 5,000 CARIDIANS already working on the latest vehicle features and functions like automated driving, state-of-the-art charging technology, as well as a new digital ecosystem. Together, we’re bringing sustainable change to one of the largest companies in the world.
YOUR TEAMWe are the AI-Hub of CARIAD. As a diverse team of AI experts distributed across Germany, we support CARIAD and the Volkswagen Group to develop AI-based products. We are looking for a thesis or internship student for a research project in the area of camera-based perception for autonomous driving.
In our research project we will investigate and develop state-of-the-art algorithms for self-supervised learning for camera-based perception. In particular, we aim to investigate these methods in the context of unsupervised domain adaptation and domain generalization.
What You Will Do
- Implement and evaluate recent methods in the area of deep learning, self-supervised learning and domain adaptation/domain generalization in relation to highly automated driving.
- Conceptualize, develop, implement and evaluate new state-of-the-art algorithms for deep learning based on your own ideas.
- Set up cloud-based environments and pipelines.
- Run machine learning experiments using common machine learning frameworks, such as Pytorch or Tensorflow
Who You Are
- Enrolled student in Computer Science / Machine Learning / Electrical Engineering / Physics or equivalent field with very good academic performance
- Demonstrated passion for automated driving technologies.
- Experience with deep learning and deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Very good programming skills, especially in Python.
- Knowledge in cloud computing applications and virtual machines.
- Proficient spoken and written command of English.
- Well-structured with the ability to work independently.
NICE TO KNOW
- Remote work options
- Flextime / 35 h week
- Duration: 3 to 6+ months
- If you have further questions about the candidate journey at CARIAD, talk to Cari, our CARIAD Chatbot. Can’t see it? Check your settings or visit our FAQ