|Published||January 12, 2023|
|Location||Santa Clara, United States of America|
NVIDIA is seeking Software Engineer Interns for its Deep Learning Algorithms team to develop and commercialize Artificial Intelligence solutions to diverse real-world problems related to NLP, CV, Speech, Text, Recommendation Systems, etc. Academic and commercial groups around the world are using GPUs to revolutionize AI and data analytics, and to power data centers. Come and help the team building the software which will be used globally. You will have a unique opportunity to interact with the scientific community to implement and improve the latest AI algorithms.
If you have a good understanding for deep learning and a strong algorithmic background, with exposure to computer architecture and performance, then this role may be a great fit for you, as you will be interacting with internal partners, users, and members of the open source community to analyze, define and implement highly optimized AI algorithms. The scope of these efforts includes a combination of implementing new algorithms, performance/ accuracy tuning and analysis, defining APIs, analyzing functionality coverage, and other general software engineering work. Ability to work in a dynamic, product-centric environment with excellent interpersonal skills are required, to be successful in this role. If the idea of pushing the boundaries of state-of-the-art research and development excites you? Are interested in getting exposure to the entire DL SW stack? Then come join the team that build GPU-accelerated DL platform used worldwide.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop algorithms for deep learning, data analytics, machine learning, or scientific computing.
- Construct and curate large problem specific datasets.
- Analyze and improve performance of GPU implementations.
- Collaborate with team members and other partners.
- Keep up with the latest DL research and collaborate with diverse teams (internal and external to NVIDIA), including DL researchers, hardware and software engineers.
What we need to see:
- You are pursuing a PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or Applied Math.
- Strong Mathematical fundamentals and algorithms skills or experience.
- You have excellent programming, debugging, performance analysis, and test design skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage individuals’ R&D efforts.
- Good communication and documentation habits.
- Excellent C/C++ and Python programming skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with Deep Learning and Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet)
- Familiarity with DL inference, deployment, model conversion topics (e.g. Torch Script, Torch Trace, ONNX, TensorRT/TRT)
- GPU programming (CUDA or OpenCL), experience doing performance analysis and tuning.
- Exposure to HW architecture, ideally accelerators, and to numerical software.
- Project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Git, Microsoft Project).
NVIDIA is one of the technology world's most desirable employers, and in this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with forward-thinking and hardworking developers. Are you creative, driven and autonomous? Do you love a challenge? If so, we want to hear from you.
The hourly rate for our interns is $19 - $93. Our internship hourly rates are a standard pay determined based on the position and your location, year in school, degree, and experience.
You will also be eligible for Intern benefits.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.