|Published||November 4, 2022|
- Understanding business objectives and formulate the problem as a Data Science problem
- Develop advanced ML/time-series models for forecasting and predictive modelling using coding skills
- Develop and/or optimize models for demand sensing/forecasting, optimization (Heuristic, LP, GA etc), Anomaly detection, Simulation and stochastic models, Market Intelligence etc.
- Develop BI dashboards to create a story based on the analyses and share final analysis result with clients
- Procure data from multiple data sources and do data wrangling to convert it into analytical dataset to perform predictive modelling
- Research on the newer technologies and algorithms, to improve forecast accuracy and analytics
- Focus on developing end-to-end analytical solution, developing, and documenting digital assets.
- Most roles require a high level of face-to-face interaction with clients, the ability to perform analytical work (Excel/R/SQL, etc) and present recommendations via PowerPoint/other formats to the senior leadership team
- Impeccable integrity, passion for supply chain predictive modeling, creative, and energetic
- Solid subject matter expertise in demand planning, forecasting, inventory optimization, and data science & management.
- Hands-on experience in implementation of various machine learning algorithms (e.g. SVM, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Log-Log regression, XGBoost, Lasso, Ridge, Clustering techniques, Neural Networks and others) and time-series algorithms (e.g. ARIMA, ets, Holt-Winters, thief, Prophet, bats / tbats and others)
- Strong programming skills and expertise in using SQL, R and(or) Python for Data Science
- Strong analytical techniques, data mining knowledge and proficiency in handling and processing large amounts of data is needed
- Knowledge in Alteryx will be an added advantage
- Strong visualization and presentation skills and building dashboards in tools like Power BI and (or) Tableau
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and take initiative
- Commitment to personal growth, practice growth, and client success on every project
- 4+ years of experience with emphasis in demand planning, forecasting and inventory modeling.
- Exposure to implementation experience with advanced planning and scheduling technical solutions desired, e.g. JDA, O9, Logility, ToolsGroup, Vanguard, etc.
- Advanced user of Microsoft office applications (Excel, Access, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word), SQL, R and (or) Python.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management or Transportation and Logistics
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other post graduate degree preferred
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regards to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.