Data Scientist at Siemens Healthineers
|Published||October 26, 2022|
|Location||Mishawaka, United States of America|
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Data Scientist to help develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- The Data Analyst gathers information from various sources. Interprets data to identify patterns and trends then offer ways to use that data to improve business or make business decisions
- The analyst will work in the Quality Assurance Team to support all the functions on site.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Ensure data integrity by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Work with teams and management to establish and prioritize business and information needs
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, computer science, finance, engineer or related technical field
- Math and Analytical Skills: work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Communication Skills: write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: vigilant in their analysis to come to correct conclusions.
- 5+ years of experience in projects involving cross-functional teams
- 5+ Years within a regulated industry
- 2+ years of experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.