|Published||November 20, 2022|
|Location||New Jersey, United States of America|
This role is 100% REMOTE - Must be in the US - EST/CST ONLY
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, CLICK HERE!
The Data Scientist works with other team members and project managers developing sophisticated predictive models, mining large data sets for insights, building scalable data products, and growing the overall Data Science capability at Foot Locker working with a prioritized roadmap for projects.
Our data scientists work on a wide range of problems improving Foot Locker’s omni channel business. You must be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Experience in data analysis, visualization, building and scaling models is imperative. You will use your proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights and be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. You will leverage your passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with lead scientists and scrum masters to understand, contextualize, and solve the most challenging problems in Foot Locker’s analytical portfolio
- Understand business problems and design end to end analytics use cases.
- Partner with business tech leads to implement reusable and robust solutions
- Apply strong expertise in data science, machine-learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype and build the next generation analytics engine and services.
- Partner with data science leadership and engagement teams to present solutions and insights to business.
- Collaborate with software and data engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions.
- Develop complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organization. This may include initiatives in understanding our Products, Customers, Operations, Footprint, etc.
- Bachleors degree regquired. Holding an advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, economics, computer science, or related technical discipline is highly preferred.
- 2 years minimum of professional experience in Data Science & Machine Learning (not including internships)
- Experience in the retail/e-commerce domain, specifically with merchandising and pricing.
Technical Must Haves:
- Deep knowledge of mathematical concepts, linear algebra, statistics & calculus
- An advanced understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning techniques including variable selection, feature engineering, model selection, training/testing/validation, model diagnostics, and deployment
- Excellent statistical skills that are grounded in a thorough understanding of testing and frequentist/Bayesian methodologies
- Able to work with big data. Strong SQL skills; Spark/sql, pyspark, databricks
- Solid programming skills in python and common data science libraries (Scikit, Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc)
- Excellent data visualization skills: able to determine the appropriate visualization for a variety of data types and create compelling stories with data
Nice to Have:
- Experience with time series forecasting, optimization, neural networks.
- Knowledge of cloud environments such as Azure
- Understanding of SDLC collaboration, including experience with tools such as GIT
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and continuous delivery
- Creation of visualizations in PowerBI