Data Scientist (m/f/d)
|Published||February 7, 2023|
Are you passionate about machine Learning/artificial intelligence? Would you like to join an international company in which no days would be similar, since we interact across cultures, disciplines, roles and teams on multiple exciting projects throughout the world. If yes, you are welcome to apply for this position!
You will work in Advanced Analytics team within Danfoss Group IT, which helps the organization to utilize the opportunities within machine learning/artificial intelligence. We collaborate with mature data science setups, as well as fostering and supporting new initiatives with smaller teams of colleagues with less experience in ML/AI. We are focusing on ongoing learning and development, and it is important that we stay up to date with the development in the analytics domain, which includes evaluating and integrating new technology and methodologies when relevant. Our vision is to ‘harness the power of data’ to drive actionable insights and create impact across Danfoss
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing advanced machine learning solutions that solve business challenges and provide actionable insights. You will be working on end-to-end analytical projects with digital leads, data engineers, architects, and BI developers to ensure high quality analysis and ML/AI solutions. To succeed, there is a need for a general curiosity towards data to understand what value it can bring in different domains as e.g., business analytics, new product development, smart manufacturing, and improved service offerings – as well as spotting the synergies throughout the company.
You will contribute to our mission of driving a sustainable transformation of tomorrow. Your tasks will vary from project to project, and could for instance cover the following:
- Designing, developing and implementing models, proof of concepts and solutions within advanced analytics
- Utilizing machine learning, statistical techniques and advanced analytics to generate predictive, classification, anomaly detection, recommendation models etc.
- Building next generation analytics and capabilities, supported by relevant data, infrastructure and tools
- Working with data scientists, developers, product owners and other stakeholders from the business to succeed in our common projects
- Analyzing existing solutions to suggest and implement improvements
- Ensuring relevant and consistent integrations between different systems and solutions
- Working with our data engineers and architects to connect data sources (internally as well as externally) and generate value from the data using analytics
- Engaging with stakeholders to understand use cases and map their ML/AI requirements
- Evaluating pros and cons for no-/low-code versus custom developed solutions
- Communicating and presenting technical solutions and value generation to different audiences
- Exploring and discovering new methods and technologies, to evaluate short- and long-term relevance
As our new team member you also:
- Are proactive and taking ownership to drive projects, tasks, and initiatives
- Communicate clearly and effectively creating impact
- Have good collaboration skills in a global environment across cultures
- Are great team player and ability to partner with diverse people with varying competencies
- Are open minded, curious and willing to learn and develop
- Have entrepreneur mindset to work in self-managed, autonomous environment
- Have passion to build data driven organization with attention to end-user focus in designing analytics solutions
Background & Skills
You bring with you the following background:
- Minimum a bachelor in relevant field (e.g. data science, computer science, natural science, engineering...)
- Minimum two years hands-on experience on data science tools and frameworks
- Excellent understanding of AI/ML and statistics, as well as on-hands experience with developing, testing and deploying solutions
- Expert in data languages e.g., Python, R and Scala and development frameworks, including notebooks
- Experience with advanced methodologies and solutions e.g. for vision, NLP and anomaly detection
- Experience with MLOps as a concept and practical implementation
- Knowledge of data storage technologies
- Knowledge of architectural design and principles
- Overview of tools and service offerings from different vendors, e.g., Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Databricks, Salesforce, SAP and Matlab
- Annual bonus
- Retirement plan
- Parking space
- International team
- Flexible working hours
- Flexibility with remote working options (presence on the relevant meetings/workshops is needed from time to time)
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.