Data Scientist, Inventory Management
|Published||January 6, 2023|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Gopuff is the go-to solution for immediate everyday needs, fulfilling customer orders of cleaning and home products to food and drinks, and in some markets, alcohol - in just minutes.
To make our model work, data needs to be at the heart of every decision we make. As such, we are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our UK/EU Inventory Management team to develop models, tools and insights across all aspects of our inventory and supply chain. This is a crucial role in helping optimise our inventory management processes and policies, that balance maintaining great availability for our customers while holding optimal levels of inventory.
You will support the rapid growth of our business by developing models, tools and analysis that drive improvements across our supply chain, with a particular focus on demand forecasting, replenishment optimisation, experimentation and root-cause diagnostics. You will have the opportunity to develop innovative approaches to the complex problems we need to solve, and will work alongside other UK/EU Analysts and our centralised Engineering teams to play a role in our wider data community.
- Partner with our Inventory Management Product team to enhance and develop new existing models used for our instock management, such as our demand forecast model, replenishment allocation model and
- Oversee item level demand forecasting for our UK/EU markets, partnering with our central US Data Science team to influence and adopt their global best practices
- Develop innovative measurement and analytical approaches that root cause and build our understanding of all aspects of our in-stock management performance - such as forecasting accuracy, availability metrics, supplier performance, waste & cost management, etc
- Answer complex business questions through detailed quantitative analysis and experimentation, extracting meaningful and actionable insights for in-stock managers to inform our replenishment policies and ways-of-working
- Partner with our central Data Science, Analytics & Data Engineering teams to implement reliable & scalable data pipelines to put your models into production, and to gather the information you need
- Help improve buyer workflows through automation and tool development, working alongside our Tech teams here in UK/EU and the US
- Support and mentor the other analysts in the team to help them develop their skills and deliver great results
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in an analytics or data science role - preferably in fields related to grocery, trading, marketing, or consumer product.
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis, particularly approaches to forecasting, optimisation methodologies and experimentation design
- Expertise in SQL and Python/R, having worked with large and fast moving data sets.
- Experience with dbt is a strong plus.
- Experience developing automated workflows and interacting with APIs a strong plus.
- A strong and confident communicator, with good knowledge of data visualisation and storytelling.
- High degree of curiosity, comfortable gathering and analysing large amounts of data across a variety of business dimensions.
- The role will be UK based, with the candidate ideally based in/around London or able to visit on a regular basis.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.