|Published||December 2, 2022|
|Location||Boston, United States of America|
Data Scientists within the Insights & Analytics team of the Applied Data Sciences & Learning organization will be accountable for driving the development of descriptive, predictive & prescriptive analytics to generate insights to solve challenging business problems. Data Scientists will work with multi-disciplinary teams to understand business needs and develop analytic & model outputs that are translatable into actionable business insights. This is a hands-on role, and the successful candidate must be comfortable working in an agile environment and capable of leading delivery at pace.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of users and partners across multiple functions to translate unstructured, complex business problems into appropriate data, modeling, and analytical solutions.
- Lead innovation projects through the data, analytics & machine learning lifecycle.
- Clearly and objectively communicate results, as well as their associated limitations.
- Apply and maintain methods, techniques, and developments in analytics and data science.
- Mentor and support other data scientists across multiple projects to drive the development of data science as a capability.
- Develop & review working practices to ensure that data science work is delivered to robust quality standards.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- 2-6 years of experience in data science in the Life Sciences sector (Pharmaceutical/biotech. / medical device companies, healthcare payers and providers, etc.) working with data from varied sources and types (RCTs, RWD, Digital devices, imaging, audio, etc.). Level flexibility available based on experience.
- Expertise in data cleaning, & pre-processing methods to normalize data.
- Extensive experience with database querying (SQL), manipulating and analyzing large, high dimensional, structured, & unstructured datasets.
- Experience in code management, version control, and cloud computing infrastructure (e.g., AWS).
- Expertise with programming languages (Python, R, Julia, etc.) and visualization tools.
- Proficiency with unsupervised, supervised, & reinforcement machine learning methods.
- Expertise in one or several areas of AI (natural language processing, graph theory, etc.).
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Understanding of algorithm design, development, optimization, scaling, and application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, and consultancy skills.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the Life Sciences sector (Pharmaceutical/biotech. / medical device companies, healthcare payers and providers, etc.).
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Invests time in helping others to enhance their skills and perform at a higher level
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Decision-making responsibilities:
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- Masters / PhD. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
This position is currently classified as “hybrid” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: , based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.