|Published||January 7, 2023|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Data Scientist II, Product Analytics
Are you excited by the opportunity to pioneer the future of travel? Do you want to redefine the way people plan, search for, and book their travel?
At Expedia Group, we believe that travel brings the world together, and we are passionate about the endless possibilities. This role is a great opportunity to join our global Product Analytics team where we are user experience optimization obsessed!
Expedia Group is one of the largest online merchants globally, processing over $100 billion in travel bookings annually through our portfolio of brands and third-party travel businesses. We enable millions of travel businesses with a powerful set of eCommerce capabilities.
As a Data Scientist II in the team, you will work closely with embedded product analytics teams, identifying areas of opportunity for automation and guiding technical upskilling. Ensuring we are collectively following our A/B test Playbook Methodology in a uniformed manner.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Identifying opportunities to leverage automation within repeated analysis processes
- Providing support to the team on debugging, version control ,and sharing coding best practices
- Communicating with our stakeholders to understand points of friction in our tooling and evolving these into technical requirements
- Maintainer and contributor to our A/B testing internal tooling in Python
- Trialing new technical approaches and sharing this knowledge within the team
- A/B testing support
Who You Are
- 2+ years’ of analytics experience in a business context to drive insights
- Passionate for logical problem-solving and intellectual challenges
- Curious by nature with an enthusiasm for making an impact
- Background in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, engineering, operations research, data science, computer science or similar, and a scientific approach to problem-solving (i.e. ability to ask the right questions and craft appropriate analyses to answer them)
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable with ambiguity. A sharp focus on results and strong attention to detail
- A/B testing design and analysis
- Experienced with Python in OOP paradigm and packages such as Pandas and NumPy
- Expert with large data sets and proficient in SQL
- Experience utilising version control such as GitHub
- Familiarity with creating API requests and handling responses
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is a plus
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs .
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.