|Published||March 4, 2023|
|Location||Rochester, United States of America|
The Data Scientist is part of a highly collaborative team with a wide range of skills that develops machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to help improve member health outcomes and solve a wide range of business problems. You operate as a full stack data scientist, comfortable with gathering business requirements, wrangling data from disparate sources, interacting with distributed files systems, and training and deploying ML models. You’re empowered to take initiative and bring new ideas to the team.
• Develops data science solutions to solve business problems and improve member health outcomes. This includes, but not limited to:
o machine learning models
o natural language processing
o mathematical programming
o recommendation systems
• Assists with the development and validation of new engineered features for our feature store used extensively by the data science team. This includes: gathering source data information, writing ETL, validation of results
• Provides ad hoc advanced analysis for business inquiries that use statistical rigor and rich data visualizations to support findings and communicate results to business stakeholders.
• Supports the continual evolution of the team’s technical competencies, processes, and systems.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct and leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II (in addition to Level I essential responsibilities/accountabilities):
• Actively contributes to the data science process by recommending improvements to methods and algorithms.
• Follows trends in software libraries and disseminates information accordingly.
• Contributes to the project discovery and solutioning process and works to translate business objectives into data science formulations.
• Presents and illustrates the data science success criteria in terms relevant to the business.
• Identifies and determines what data is available and relevant, including both internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes.
• Works in iterative processes with the client and other stakeholders and validates findings.
Level III (in addition to Level II essential responsibilities/accountabilities):
• Leads the discovery process to identify business requirements and anticipated outcomes of ML/AI implementations, working with company stakeholders.
• Develops innovative solutions and disseminate/communicate results and methodologies to measure effectiveness.
• Communicates, collaborates, and works with business subject matter experts and organizational leadership at all levels.
• Offers strategic recommendations on data collection, integration, and retention requirements integrating knowledge of best practices and business requirements.
• Partners with other discipline areas in the Analytics, Data and Technology Division to define the data quality expectations in the context of specific projects and initiatives.
NOTE: We include multiple levels of classification differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills, and the ability to manage increasingly independent and/or complex assignments, broader responsibility, additional decision making, and in some cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to using this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also provides guideposts for employee development and promotional opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree required, in lieu of a degree, six (6) cumulative years of experience required.
• Prior professional, co-op or internship experience developing machine learning or artificial intelligence solutions, or relevant college coursework required.
• Basic programming skills using R or Python preferred, others considered.
• Basic knowledge of databases, data manipulation with SQL (or alternatives), and feature development.
• Understanding of statistical methodologies and practices, preferred.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability approach technical challenges with determination and optimism.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new concepts and to come up with original solutions.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Level II (in addition to Level I minimum qualifications):
• In-depth professional work experience developing machine learning or artificial intelligence solutions.
• Advanced programming skills using R and/or Python, others considered.
• Intermediate experience developing machine learning architectures and frameworks, building end-to-end solutions including deploying data science or machine learning solutions to production.
• Intermediate knowledge of databases, data manipulation with SQL (or alternatives), and feature development, testing, and validation.
• Intermediate experience using Natural Language Processing and text datamining.
• Intermediate experience using Spark for data engineering and/or machine learning.
• Basic experience with Unix shell command languages (ex. Bash).
• Healthcare industry/business knowledge preferred
Level III (in addition to Level II minimum qualifications:
• In-depth professional experience in machine learning development and production deployments.
• Expert programming skills using R and/or Python, others considered.
• Advanced experience using Natural Language Processing and text datamining.
• Advanced experience using Spark for data engineering and/or machine learning.
• In-depth work experience educating and mentoring other team members on best practices, new software, and technologies.
• Practical experience of agile methodologies and project management tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to define and communicate results in the context of the business problem.
• Ability to complete work in a traditional office environment under fluorescent lighting.
• Ability to orally communicate.
• Must be able to function while sitting at a desk viewing a computer and using a keyboard and mouse for 3 or more hours at a time.
• Must be able to travel across the enterprise.
• Ability to work in a home office for continuous periods of time for business continuity.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE: Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the American with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bachelors or better in Computer Science.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Mathematics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)