|Published||October 10, 2023|
|Location||Bellevue, United States of America|
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Planning team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Data Scientist I position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
The Data Scientist in this position will have an emphasis on performing moderately complex statistical and machine learning analytics of large (Big Data) data sets in order to provide statistical, predictive and prescriptive insights to the organization alongside team members: Planners, Engineers, Data Scientist, and Supervisor. This role will be in direct support to evolve planning methodologies that support existing and emerging distribution needs, including electrification, new customer loads, distributed energy resources (DERs), advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), load forecasting, load-flow modeling.
This unique role places the Data Scientist on the same team as the users and customers of models and conclusions drawn from data analysis and machine learning to facilitate direct implementation. These models may also be utilized by other departments and/or customers to forecast and plan more effective operations.
Generally works with datasets that will need to be cleansed using techniques and methods alongside their Leads, Peers, or Supervisors. Data Scientists at this level are recognized as experts in their business or organizational domains.
Develop production quality models of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Collaborates and builds productive relationships with various internal and external departments to understand departmental issues and provides solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Clarify business requests for assistance and document business requirements taking a broad perspective to identify solutions.
- Devise possible solutions and plan solution development.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building user solutions by processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Develop production quality moderately complex analytics and machine learning models to drive the achievement of corporate goals.
- Participates in Data Management Community governance and proceedings. Participate in community proceedings, create and socialize Data Science standards and procedures.
- Communicates and collaborates across groups to provide insights to the organization.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, Data Science or other relevant quantitative field; or equivalent experience.
- At least one year experience in applying quantitative methods and building production quality machine learning models in a classroom, or laboratory setting.
- Undergraduate degrees in Data Science satisfy the one year experience requirement.
- Proficiency with Python or R.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of statistical data and complex analyses into actionable information.
- Ability to collaborate and participate in direct data science and data management projects and project teams.
- Familiar with all categories of security and regulated data and information.
- Graduate degree in quantitative field.
- Experience with working with AWS, Azure or other cloud-based platforms.
- Experience working with SAP data.
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn, a passion for solving real world problems.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and rewards package.
The pay range for this position is $92,900.00 - $163,600.00, and this position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP). For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year. Detailed benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - Why Work For Us (pse.com).
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.