|Published||November 12, 2022|
|Location||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
Who needs insurance? Everybody. That keeps us busy. Very busy. At the Intact Lab, we use machine learning, data science, software engineering, AI, agility, UX and design thinking to transform the customer experience for millions of Canadians. Simplifying insurance takes creativity, empathy and hard work. We explore, take risks, make mistakes, and learn all day, every day. Here, innovation is everyone's job. Ready to make your mark?
About The Role
Calling all AI and machine learning experts! We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team in Hong Kong.
Artificial intelligence is shaping the future of insurance. Our latest lab is located in the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park to turn this vision into a reality. As Canada's largest home, auto and business insurer, we're here to cultivate the next generation of technology and talent. Together, we're helping our customers protect what matters to them most through the power of data science, machine learning and AI.
Life in the Lab
Technology is only as good as the people behind it. Every day at work, you’ll inspire and be inspired by the brilliant minds of our greater lab team: actuaries, data scientists, machine learning experts, geomathematicians, meteorologists, software engineers and designers.
Together, you will tackle challenging problems and have the freedom to imagine, research, create, test, and bring innovative solutions to life that will have a profound impact on our business and the needs of our customers.
As our company grows, your career will grow with it. There will always be an opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills, strengthen your expertise or take your work in a new direction. Whether it’s leading a new, exciting project or moving into a different A.I. product team in Canada or Hong Kong, your career will always be on the move.
As a tech pioneer within a new AI lab, you’ll have to opportunity to:
- Use machine learning and advanced statistics to help build innovative solutions for real-life customer and business problems
- Influence the AI roadmap for the largest home, auto business insurer in Canada
- Explore new technologies and use them in your own solutions
- Grow alongside a diverse team of world-class experts in data science, software engineering, actuarial science, business and design
- Mentor and coach interns and other engineers to help us grow, as a team
All this, while enjoying a good work-life balance.
Here’s What You Bring To The Table
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, science, engineering, statistics, AI, computer science or a related field. MSc and/or PhD are an asset
- Experience in the field of data science, machine learning and advanced statistics solving business problems
- Programming experience in languages such as Python or R as well as knowledge of software engineering best practice or a strong desire to learn it
- Familiar with the underlying theory of machine learning (supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning)
- The commitment to be an influential, collaborative teammate
- Unlimited curiosity and a passion to challenge the status quo
- Ability to focus on vaguely defined issues that require the application of a creative approach
- Strong communication, time management and work organization skills
The Intact Lab – with headquarters in Montreal, Canada – is a fast-growing, digital innovation hub backed by Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC, HK$110 billion in market cap), Canada’s largest home, auto and business insurance company.
Intact Financial (HK) limited (Intact Lab, HK) is our first R&D A.I. centre outside of Canada. This expansion into the Asia Pacific region is an exciting chapter of our journey to become the best insurance A.I. shop in the world.
What We Offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People.
Benefits found in job post
- Medical insurance