|Published||November 23, 2022|
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Data Scientist (Finance, GDC) – Advance Analytics (Finance, GDC)
For us, working at Baxter is not just a job—it’s a calling. Our mission to save and sustain lives unites us. Thank you for contributing your talent to make a positive impact on millions of people around the world.
We are driven not by what will be easy, but what will transform global healthcare for generations to come. Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other as we pursue rewarding careers.
We’re grateful you’re interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter. This is where you can do your best work. Where your purpose accelerates our mission.
At Baxter, we are building a best-in-class Reporting & Analytics organization (part of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization). We are implementing a transformative program which will streamline processes, enhance reporting & analytics, and enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
This position will report to Manager - Advance Analytics and will work closely with the team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Advanced Analytics team. This position will be responsible for the seamless and efficient delivery of reporting and analytics offerings and support the establishment of meaningful standard global reports to increase efficiency and deliver actionable insights to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work with business leaders, their teams, and their various stakeholders to help discover, deliver, monitor, and enhance various reporting and analytics initiatives. The ideal candidate is a natural self-starter who is comfortable working within a cross functional environment, supporting multiple stakeholders and initiatives. You will have a true hands-on approach, strong analytical skills, including the ability to gain true insights from data, and be an effective communicator. Business acumen is a must have and will be most required for this position.
- Work with various stakeholders of Global FP&A, CoEs & regions throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize forecasting, customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes.
- Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including data gathering and manipulation, exploratory data analysis, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Evaluate and drive continuous improvements/ innovation in reporting/ advance analytics.
- Continuously focus on building competency in new/future technologies and solutions pertaining to data, reporting and analytics.
- Develop strong functional knowledge and business stakeholder relationship with every project/ use case.
- Experience in variety of advance machine learning algorithms and statistics (regression, time-series, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience in advanced statistical and data mining techniques (GLM/regression, Random Forest, Gradient boosting, text mining, social network analysis, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages (Python, PySpark, Lambda function, Scala, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with predictive data modelling & analytics tooling (Jupyter notebook, Matplotlib, NLTK, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow) and AWS web services like S3, Redshift, Athena, SageMaker, EMR, is added advantage.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Nielsen, etc.
- Experience visualizing & presenting data for stakeholders using: PowerBI, Tableau.
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., scrum, Kanban) and DevOps/ MLOps practices.
- Certification on AWS/ Big Data technology is a big plus.
- Prefer domain experience in finance/ FP&A, supply chain and others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with stakeholders from senior management to junior staff.
- Proactively solves problems and seeks to own the resolution of issues throughout their lifecycle.
- Takes critical feedback in stride and adjusts approaches accordingly.
- Digitally savvy, able to navigate easily in a virtual world.
- Is a team player and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Has excellent stakeholder management skills, can navigate matrix structures and foster collaborative working.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Math, Statistics or a related discipline.
Key Professional Competencies:
- Self-driven with excellent analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in agile environment by effectively prioritizing and managing tasks concurrently; owns career and is accountable for managing own development.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented inter-dependent environment, often cross-functionally and influence.
- Flexibility is required to work in global time zones, and hybrid model.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required.
- English: Native or bilingual proficiency required.
- Professional proficiency in other languages a plus.
- 4+ years of overall proven experience in data science or advance analytics for operational & managerial reporting or advance analytics, preferably finance, supply chain domain.
- 2+ years of relevant advance & relevant experience in data science, machine learning (ML), deep expertise in regression/ time series modelling for forecasting techniques, AI/ deep learning (image, text, speech processing) and natural language processing (NLP) techniques.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.