|Published||November 10, 2022|
|Location||Urbana, United States of America|
Data Scientist , Health Care Engineering Systems Center
Coordinated Science Laboratory
Grainger College of Engineering
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The Health Care Engineering Systems Center (HCESC) provides clinical immersion to engineers and fosters collaborations between engineers and physicians. The goal is to use our deep expertise in the broad areas of Health Information Technologies, Sensing and Devices, Materials and Mechanics, and Human Factors/Industrial Ergonomics and Design (and other areas to be identified in the future) to develop collaborative projects which could be used for simulation in training of medical practitioners of tomorrow.
The Data Scientist is responsible for delivering medical and clinical research data to Jump Arches research projects and reports to the Assistant Director for Health Data Analytics at the HCESC. This individual is responsible for planning, implementing and executing a standard data delivery process and communicating to various stakeholders at the University of Illinois, Jump Arches, and OSF HealthCare. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to persuasively present data inventory insights and the appropriate data retrieval strategy to meet PI objectives and protect data safety. This person identifies and implements infrastructure required to retrieve and share data in compliance with regulative requirements such as HIPAA, HITEC and local University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign respectively OSF Healthcare system policies. The Data Scientist key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and implement infrastructure required to retrieve and share data in compliance with regulative requirements
- Data Inventory: Establishes and maintains OSF and Jump ARCHES data inventory
- Data Identification: Works with PIs to identify project data (variables, size, dictionary, meta data)
- Query development: Develops and manages queries for data from Analytics databases, , and other DB for data retrieval, and export
DATA ACCESS MANAGEMENT
- Data Request / Delivery: Manages the Intake request for ARCHES into OSF data portal to request, retrieve, and share data
- Compliance I: Manages OSF research protocol development, IRB, CITI training, reporting, data use
agreement, IP, expands policies framework for e.g. working with UIUC students
DATA QUALITY ASSURANCE BEFORE DELIVERY
- Data Request Validation: Validates the retrieved data with the PIs regarding completeness, accuracy, timeliness.
- Data Set Report: Creates with the PIs a brief data set report including descriptive analytics, dictionary, and acknowledgement of the PI’s.
- Infrastructure: Conceptualizes compliant infrastructure for data transfer, storage, processing
- Data Annotation: Works with domain experts to annotating, label data
- Compliance II: Conducts compliance self-assessments based on IRB
DATA PRESERVATION AND RE-USE
- Handover Process: Defines and oversees handover process; PI to ARCHES/OSF Operation
- Asset Management: Archives Data and Code
- Tools: Provides checklists, templates, process description, application forms, data inventory, tools for annotation
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science and 5 years of experience i n health data analytics
- Experience wit h Python, R and other programming languages
- Experience with p rocess Management, developing, implementing and operating a data deliver process
- Customer management, being able to understand, anticipate, and influence customer data demand for data analytics
- Compliance, strong understanding of laws, guidelines, security controls to ensure privacy and HIPAA, HITEC compliance for data at rest and data in transit
- Data Analytics, familiar of basic concepts of data analytics, machine learning and AI
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to persuasively present data inventory insights and the appropriate data retrieval strategy to meet PI objectives and protect data safety.
- Master’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in health data analytics
- Exposure to EPIC, MUMPS (Massachusetts General Hospital Utility Multi-Programming System)
- SQL experience with a good understanding of data warehouse architecture preferred.
The Data Scientist is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by December 15, 2022. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Amy Gilbert at 217-244-1802 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.
Requisition ID: 1012599
Job Category: Research
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu