|Published||December 25, 2022|
|Location||Coimbra, United States of America|
We are now looking for a Data Scientist - Artificial Intelligence to join Airbus GBS team.
Responsibilities - your mission
We are the central Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence team in Airbus for commercial aircraft and we deliver business impact through AI products and services across the entire value chain all the way from selling, designing, procuring, manufacturing to servicing aircraft. As such, we are responsible for solving all aspects and challenges of the machine learning (ML) product lifecycle, including problem exploration, solution development and deployment into cloud native environments at scale.
As part of our team you will work, learn and grow among an international and diverse group of top talent data scientists, software engineers, product managers and many more based across Europe and India. With truly vast amounts of data from all over the Airbus ecosystem at our disposal paired with an unparalleled product complexity, we are exposed to unique and exciting challenges, working at the forefront of AI in the aviation industry. !
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Partner with business functions on missions to absorb domain expertise and priorities, build analytical insights and translate business challenges into AI related opportunities that you will tackle with our wider team
- Carry out hands-on, end-to-end AI / ML model development from early ideation, exploration and feasibility studies on to design, development, deployment as well as monitoring of scaled AI services
- Support our AI capability teams in defining and delivering on AI capability roadmaps (built around 5 technology pillars: computer vision, knowledge extraction, Time-series anomaly detection, decision making and hybrid modeling) that target reusable services and components which are consumed by a wide range of IT products
- Representing the central AI organization, evangelize and establish best practices and guidance on delivering and running AI solutions in the rapidly growing Airbus Lisbon office
- Engaging in the global AI and analytics community as well as growing the local community footprint, through holding project showcases, sharing expertise as well as best practices
Requirements - our ideal candidate will have
- 3+ years industry experience in data science, AI or a similar field with a track record of end-to-end model development and handling large data-sets
- Strong, fundamental understanding of common ML algorithms
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative discipline
- Deepened knowledge in at least one of the following fields: NLP, Computer Vision, Time Series Analysis
- High Proficiency in Python including relevant open source libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in customer facing roles focused on business impact and managing expectations
- Experience in process analysis and process optimization including methodologies such as value stream mapping
- Development and deployment of models in cloud environments like AWS, GCP or SAP
- Agile and product-oriented development
Benefits - what’s in it for you
- Diverse career opportunities within Airbus European core countries or in other regions around the world.
- A hybrid working model, allowing you to combine onsite and offsite work.
- A motivated and fun crew to grow and build and shape the GBS together.
- An intense and exciting onboarding experience.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Portugal SA
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Information Mgmt and Digital Technology <JF-IM-DI>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.