|Published||November 12, 2022|
|Location||McLean, United States of America|
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Data Scientist/Analyst with Consumer Banking and/or Financial Services experience.
The primary purpose of this job is to support end-to-end development and implementation of credit risk monitoring and analysis in Consumer Lending space. This include automated and judgmental decisioning, credit policies for new account acquisition approve/decline, line assignment and portfolio risk management in Credit Card, Direct & Indirect Auto Loan, Unsecured Personal Loan & Line of Credit and Student Loan.
- Drive monitoring and analysis of credit risk for both organic and acquired portfolio, prepare related management reporting package and provide insights on root causes, emerging credit trends and implications on Allowance for Loan Losses.
- Perform business line program deep dive and monitoring on credit policy change to drive credit policy optimization and risk mitigation strategies, inform corporate strategic decisions, enable better member experience and improve efficiencies.
- Collaborate with modeling team to build/manage risk models using both internal and external data sources, conduct risk drivers analysis and build / implement valuations models.
- Develop manual underwriter scorecard and statistical sampling to support judgmental decisioning review program.
- Partner with key stakeholders in various groups (Credit Risk Modeling, Business Lines, Compliance, Operations, Finance and Enterprise Risk Management) to identify areas of opportunity and spearhead initiatives in order to enable profitable growth while minimizing credit risk exposure and adapting to changing economic & regulatory environment.
- Identify required data and work with data stewards to understand data source, ensure data quality and retrieve data on a timely basis. Contribute to credit data mart and corporate database designs.
- Identify and communicate data anomalies and requirements to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Enhance portfolio reporting, improve internal efficiencies, and meet changing management and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in external and internal audits, and regulatory examinations as needed.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Master’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in quantitative analysis / modeling, credit policy or credit risk management in financial services industry.
- Strong skills in various data analysis and visualization tools including SQL, Tableau, Excel and PowerPoint are required. Proficiency with statistical tools (SAS, R) and analysis is preferred.
- Curiosity, attention to details, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills in order to actively lead and implement ideas in a cross-functional team environment.