|Published||March 14, 2023|
|Location||Lehi, United States of America|
Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Analyze real-time events to quickly identify anomalies (break-in events, hardware failure, battery levels, etc.).
- Assist software development team with data model design
- Work with stakeholders (co-workers and customers) to identify opportunities to create better customer experiences using data
- Clean, transform and shape datasets from disparate sources
- Become an expert of data architecture (including sourcing data and managing the flow)
- Create a sustainable long-term data retention strategy
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in math, statistics, economics, computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with key data engineering concepts.
- Ability to wrangle and normalize data from Postgres and MySQL.
- Ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate ideas.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and decipher disparate data models written by various individuals/teams.
- Experience with time-series database and data visualization tool (PowerBI, GDS or Tableau) preferred.
- Basic understanding of common data science toolkits such as Pandas, NumPy, scikitlearn, etc. preferred.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.