|Published||October 27, 2022|
|Location||Charlotte, United States of America|
data science, Data, Sql, data warehouse, azure, powershell
Our clients success lies at the powerful intersection of people and technology. Bringing innovative training and education solutions to more than 2 million customers a year, they enables lifelong learners at every level — from trusted industry brands, such as Amazon, Siemens, Geico and Chick-fil-A, to individual learners seeking to enter, sustain or advance their careers. Our people come with a get-it-done spirit and a desire to impact a rapidly growing industry. They are committed to continuously evolving to ensure a culture where employees can be themselves, do their best work, and thrive, both professionally and personally. We choose to be a remote workforce so we can hire top talent regardless of location — all while empowering employees to work from wherever they choose. Innovative, brave, kind and diverse are defining traits of our team. Our talent is positioned in numerous roles, with opportunity for internal mobility, such as software engineers, instructional designers, creative writers, consultative sales professionals, innovative marketers and more.
The Data Scientist is responsible for assisting management in data collection, retrieval, and validation to increase our business process automation to develop best in class high performing, easy-to-use self-service BI solutions answering both simple and complex business problems. The Data Scientist will own the process of uncovering and analyzing data correlations and causations across all department activities and work with marketers, sales professionals, product manager, and engineers to understand and showcase stories hidden within a variety of data sources.
• Support development efforts of the application teams, Enterprise Reporting data warehouse Azure Data Factory pipelines, Logic Apps and Function Apps.
- Gather requirements for reporting data needs across application stacks and team members
- Collect data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Searching through large data sets for usable information
- Creating reports and presentations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results
- Review SQL code for consistency and performance standards
• Design scripts to directly query and analyze internal and external data sources to package together clear, actionable findings
• Define a common data model and ensure all structured and unstructured data flows into the model for future use
• Use available machine learning tools for pattern recognition and correlation reporting
• Maintain and re-engineer existing ETLs to increase data accuracy, data stability, and pipeline performance
• Build, index, partition, update & troubleshoot relational data tables when needed
• Perform regression and other statistical analysis to uncover data trends and anomalies
• Develop data extraction, transformation, and load tasks supporting the data warehouse
• Development and tuning of stored procedures, views, and triggers based on coding standards and best practices
• Utilize Monday.com and Azure DevOps for task management and code review and migration.
Technical Experience and working familiarity with…
▪ Data warehouse development and design and development concepts
▪ Technical documentation, entity relationship diagraming (ERD)
▪ Database design best practices, normalization/denormalization, query optimization, referential integrity and logical database architecture.
▪ SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and/or Azure Data Factory development
▪ PowerShell scripting (or other scripting language) leveraged across multiple instances for monitoring and process automation.
▪ Understanding of SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) development
▪ Familiarity with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Azure Synapse, and reporting platforms such as wynEnterprise.
▪ MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres, and SFDC (3rd party API or ODBC) connectors experience
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Personal Skills
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Comfortable working independently and as a team.
- Learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Overcome discomfort of ambiguity when present.
- Must be capable of performing in a dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Work as a self-starter under limited supervision, optimizing your time and others' time, toward organizational objectives.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.