|Published||January 13, 2023|
|Location||Indianapolis, United States of America|
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
How would you like a career where you get to use your best analytical skills to make a substantial difference in the well-being of people across the globe? Bring YOUR skills and talents to Lilly and our Advanced Analytics and Data Sciences organization where you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of patients.
As an innovation driven company we work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Our Advanced Analytics and Data Sciences organization is growing to support the entire Lilly enterprise, from Discovery to Development to Manufacturing and Commercialization of our medicines. To solve the complex problems of a global business and the ever-evolving data and analytics landscape, the organization generally requires advanced degrees in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research and computer science. We are playing a leading role in transforming the way the company discovers and develops new treatments, identifies personalized treatment regimens, drives efficiency in our operations and optimizes our commercialization of new products. WE are doing this with an emphasis in the areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence, natural language processing and other approaches to unstructured data, advanced mathematical and predictive modeling, visual analytics and more. Whether you are intrigued by the research and development of new medicines or optimizing our commercialization/business, or driving efficiency into our operations, we have a position for you. You will be encouraged to identify important business problems and to further your own research interests in these areas including presentations and publications at professional meetings. Come join us on our amazing journey to make life better!
- Develop and implement advanced algorithms for machine learning and AI methods, particularly for protein-protein interactions, large molecule de novo design, and interface engineering.
- Maintain a broad understanding of questions and be fully engaged with teams, bringing an objective voice to the table, and facilitating decisions grounded in data
- Collaborate with other analytics team members to review and provide feedback on the analytics work being done, and be willing to seek feedback from other team members about your own work
- Stay current with respect to machine learning/statistical/mathematical/informatics modeling methodology, to maintain proficiency in applying new and varied methods, and to be competent in justifying methods selected
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics focusing on Numeric Analysis, High Performance Computing, Operations Research, Physics, Engineering or quantitative related field
- OR Master in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field with at least 4 years related working experience.
- Have research experience in deep learning and knowledgeable in general machine learning algorithms. Particular preference is given to novel work related to GNNs and transformers.
- Understanding of basic biology and protein function, especially as it pertains to immunology.
- Understanding of the scientific theory behind machine learning techniques.
- Understanding of practical concerns that need to be addressed when applying machine learning techniques in healthcare.
- Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in building, programming, and integrating algorithms into production systems.
Lilly is a global health care leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. For more than a century, we have stayed true to a core set of values—excellence, integrity, and respect for people—that guide us in all we do: discovering medicines that meet real needs, improving the understanding and management of disease, and giving back to communities. We also are committed to investing in our employees and supporting a culture of well-being —through competitive pay, comprehensive employee benefit programs, and training and development resources.
We’re doing extraordinary things. Join us and you could be, too!
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).